Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this topic has come up before, but I seem to have misplaced my search button :D

I'm planning on getting my stock header modded with a midpipe to go with my Termi GP slip-on. The thing is I'm not sure if I'll be able to spend the extra $265 to get a PC3 right away. Might have to wait a couple months for that... My question is, is it safe to run a midpipe w/o a PC3 and just use the o2 sensor?? By safe I mean will I be putting my bike at any kind of risk by not using a PC3?? I've heard different things from different people. Some have said that PC3's are only required for maximum hp gains by optimizing the A:F mixture. Others have said that you could cause damage to your engine by not having a PC3 with a full system or midpipe. What are the facts?? Who's got the real info??

·
Garage Queen R6
719 Posts
dont instal the midpipe until you have enough money to buy the pc3 and tuning since there are no maps for the midpipe.

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its SUCKS!!! i did this for a week, no balls at all. almost wants to stall it is so bad under 6K rpms. i would get a PC for sure.
What do you mean?? You have an R6S. You never had to do the midpipe mod(your bike has no collector box underneath). :werd

Maybe I should've specified. I'm looking to hear from those that own or know of the '06-'08 R6!!

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
The stock ECU will compensate for the extra airflow and adjust the air fuel mix accordingly. A PCIII is not mandatory. Search my posts on this issue. I have done extensive tests with and without a PC and full exhaust and BMC v. stock air filter...blah blah blah. I actually found that the bike runs better and has more peak HP WITHOUT the PCIII with full exhaust and BMC race airfilter(ran the same with K&N). The only advantage I found of having a PC is the curve is SLIGHTLY better with it, but I did loose top end. I know others will disagree and thats fine.

·
Power isn't everything
56 Posts
well it does loose balls under 6k man.. i just put my midpipe on last weekjust got my PC on today though and let me tell u..much better..way smoother more power! i love it..plus its loud

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stock ECU will compensate for the extra airflow and adjust the air fuel mix accordingly. A PCIII is not mandatory. Search my posts on this issue. I have done extensive tests with and without a PC and full exhaust and BMC v. stock air filter...blah blah blah. I actually found that the bike runs better and has more peak HP WITHOUT the PCIII with full exhaust and BMC race airfilter(ran the same with K&N). The only advantage I found of having a PC is the curve is SLIGHTLY better with it, but I did loose top end. I know others will disagree and thats fine.
I heard something about that... I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Thanks man. I'll check out your thread.

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it does loose balls under 6k man.. i just put my midpipe on last weekjust got my PC on today though and let me tell u..much better..way smoother more power! i love it..plus its loud
Really?? Is it a pretty significant drop?? I will get a PC3 eventually. Like I said, it just might have to wait a while. What slip-on are you running?? Also, what map are you using or is it custom?? Thanks for the input :YEA

·
Power isn't everything
56 Posts
ya u can feel the drop ... but mid and high is there!! specialy now with the PC...i have an FMF slip on.. almost like the megaphone...im running one of the maps from the dyno jet site for now..will get it custom soon..but now its hard to keep the front down with just throttle in1st and 2nd gear..no problem..

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
Look dude, I just put a mid pipe on my bike with the stock can and took the honeycomb out of my headers, and the restrictor plate off the air filter. I don't have a PC, and I can tell you that the bike revs a lot faster in the lower rpms and I think it has more power throughout the rpms. JMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts