Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm acitive duty army was out on recruiting detail(thank god thats over with) and now stationed at Ft.Myer in DC. This will be my first post decal on the 6, i thought that you have to put it on the forks somewhere...has anyone found a nice play for their post decal on their 6....btw i have a 06 raven, so you know what im working with.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
I've heard of a few guys putting it on the back side of the license plate, that way its not messing anything up on the bike and doesnt look like hell. Most bases are cool with it from what i've heard. BTW, thanks for your service!!!

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
ummmm....decals got done away with (An email came down a long time ago). We no longer need the to get on my base (Hurlburt Field), and the same is at Eglin AFB (the next nearest base), Quantico MCB, Andrews AFB, Fort Belvior.....I went to all of these places with nothing but my CAC. Once in a blue moon I get "please pull out your MSF card and proof of insurance" but that's it

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really, no more decals on motorcyles...thats awesome man.

i just had a friend come back from bragg though this year and he got one for his bike. are they available just not required?

but if dont have to then i wont get one for sure!

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
yeah some installations still have them, but they're are not required anymore (there reasoning was it made us a target for terrorist).

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
and its not just motorcycles, its all vehicles

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahh the terrorists....sneeky ba$tards. that and getting them stolen i bet

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
yeah, for some reason the general public and dealerships think that because were military we've got tons of extra money. "you can afford it youre military!"....NOOOO

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha yeah, when im in iraq i make extra money but if im there then i dont have the 6....but if i did :YEA

terrorists :rocket

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what if i mounted a hot air force chick to the tail with a 240bravo and we took to the streets swerving in and out of IED's hmmm

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
dude i just got back from LSA Anaconda, and those rodes were so horrible I wouldn't want to ride my bike there!

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ohh yeah...that pay for that new 08

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
:) sure did!!!

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
go to afaganistan..those roads are rediculous. my truck went off a cliff and three of us got med e vacd out to bagram. we all made it but damn the road just gave way underneath us and we went down the cliff like some true lie's shiet..yelling NNAAAALLLLWW all the way down haha...

glad to be back tho, and good to hear you made it man

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
yeah, the same man. i get to go back towards the end of this year, I get bored as hell but looking at my account makes me feel better lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have my decal on the piece of black plastic trim right under each of the clutch. It's an easily removable piece as well.

At Dover, motorcycles are still required to have stickers. Also, if you are in the Air Force, but going to another service's installation, you should have stickers b/c not all posts/airstations/etc have done away with those decals yet.

I spent 3 months at Camp Fallujah & 7 months in Baghdad. Traveled to Basra, Tallil, BIAP/Camp Victory, Tallil, Balad, Kirkuk, Tikrit, Mosul, Kuwait, Al Udeid, Salerno, Bagram, Kabul, & Kandahar. Afghanistan roads suck much more than Iraqi roads...!

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
Dover eh....let me guess....AMC? Air Forces version of UPS:lmao

1 - 20 of 35 Posts