Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Dirt track racing!
1,980 Posts
that's beautiful. i grew up in PA and MI so i do miss how beautiful it looks right after it snow. but sucks big time that it's still snowing in May..
Yeah. Last year we got less than 10 inches all winter, and most people were daily riding by Feb.

Not snowy here, so I dont give a crap :bowroll

·
Always Learning
11 Posts
Hey everyone, 01 R6 in Cambridge (hour North of the cities) will be down in Columbia Heights for the school year at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities for Mechanical Engineering. Will also be on the Formula SAE team again (custom student-built racecar with an R6 engine) and will be riding the bike down there every once in a while.

I will also try to frequent the Wednesday night meets at Sonic down in Bloomington. They're held by Minnesota Garage Geeks now and there are many cool cars and a few bikes I've seen there. I am a rotary enthusiast and had an RX-7 that I traded for this bike and will still try to hang out with the guys there.

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
I'm about 25 minutes from Cambridge. I hit the twisties north of there often.

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
Where did everybody go?? :boob

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
I got to do a few track days at Road America and BIR. But after a deer head-butted me off of my Triumph Daytona 675R in july I had to cancel a bunch more.
Still can't ride a sport bike. Been a tough rehab for my broken bones...

·
I design stuff.
32 Posts
Yikes I had rotator cuff surgery last December... hasn't been a fun recovery. My first track day back in June wasn't exactly my best. My shoulder was a bit weak, so I had to ride pretty conservatively, but it lifted my spirits after a long winter and recovery. I still don't have 100% range of motion back, but it was close and strong enough to ride harder at BIR in September.

Heal up soon! Hope to see you at BIR or RA in the spring.

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
Ouch to you to.
The deer's head broke my collar bone and 3 ribs, and bruised my lung.
The collar bone was lined up so the surgeon said lets let it heal and we'll x-ray in 3 weeks. Well once the damaged muscles started healing themselves that shoved the bones apart.
So they say ok...surgery next week. So that was 4 weeks of bad healing.
So that and being in a sling for 6+ weeks really shut down my muscles.
Therapy has helped (19 sessions so far) but still a long way to go to get my full range of motion back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello MN Riders! I'm a new R6 owner and although I am not in MN I live right on the boarder in WI. Hope to get to know where everyone is!

-Adam

101 - 118 of 118 Posts