Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else's mirrors vibrate when the engine is revving ≥5,000 RPM? I find it kinda hard to see what's behind me when the image is all fuzzy.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I experience the same thing. It doesn't bother me much though.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
That is why i am getting rid of it. I just ordered the block off plate and bar end mirror. I will see how that will work. Plus i think it looks better without the mirrors. I let you know how it is once i get them put on.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I end up having to push my thumb against the mirror at high speeds to stop the vibration and see whats behind me. Im gunna have to look into those bar end mirrors

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Think I'll stick with stock mirrors. Those bar end mirrors look like they'd make your bike wider anyway. How am I supposed to split lanes with those?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Don't really like them but they don't look to bad but I don't really notice any vibration in mine thats bad enough to bug me.

·
Registered
376 Posts
mine do that too and they also make a vibrating sound around 7000 but they're aftermarket so i dont care. i just have them because you need them to be legal and if i get pulled over why give the cop another reason to give u a ticket?

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
As long as you have one, it is okay. That is why people use bar end mirror.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Mine vibrate and i freakin hate it...I'm really thinkin of block offs but not 100% sure i want to do them...we'll see i guess!

·
Will work for track time
19,494 Posts
Think I'll stick with stock mirrors. Those bar end mirrors look like they'd make your bike wider anyway. How am I supposed to split lanes with those?
Its acutally better then the stock mirrors. The stock mirrors hang further out.

As for the bar end, I like the idea but after a couple months I wanted to switch back just because of better visibility.

Be careful when using the adapter to go into the handle bar. I lowsided at 5mph and then mirror pushed the threads in on the handle bar so I had to buy new clip on. I was trying to put the bar end slider on and it stripped. I wont be using bar end mirrors anymore.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
I don't run mirrors (persay) anymore... because they annoyed me. I just have some little one's mounted up for legality's sakes. and some blockoffs... I turn my head and look EVERY time anyhow... so meh... to each his own.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Funny, My left one vibrates a bit at idle, but the right doesnt.Neither vibrate to a discernible point at speed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts