Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
SID, a forum member was looking for some at one point and he and I looked for them and he PM'd me this when I came up empty.......

Ha found em. Lockhart Phillips makes them. I found them in their catalog listed under "signal mirror" for $30, which seems extremely low to me but whatever. They didn't say if they were model specific at all there was just one part number listed each for the black and the carbon fiber. I couldn't find them online though. So I guess if anyone else asks, or if you care yourself, you'll know now

so that might be a place to start.........

·
Registered
995 Posts
yo check out my pic's, i'v had them on both my Rsixes

its not the best of pics, but planning on some new ones once i'v repaired my bike properly

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Signal Mirrors

I came across this from Ebay. $24.50 w./ $6.50 shipping is not too bad from a Power Seller. I bought my tank pad from this guy and shipped fairly quickly (at the most 5 days) to CA. Click on the image for the Ebay link. And I believe they are universal fit except for one manufacturer/model of bike specifically the Honda 600RR

I believe this is similar to what Bravo has

·
Registered
995 Posts
nice find mikey, they r identical to mine and easyer than shipping from england

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Bravo, does it have the same "amber" color similar to the eBay one?
Would be cool if there is an option to get the Clear ones.

·
Registered
995 Posts
yes the ones i'v got are amber, but if they are bought in the US they might be different

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i just cant get down with turn signal mirrors, just more crap for me to deal with and i dont really like the shape of em either.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i like them because when u get rid of the side indicators the bike looks more like a racebike, with the very small mirrors

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
BRAVO said:
i like them because when u get rid of the side indicators the bike looks more like a racebike, with the very small mirrors
so u got rid of the blinkers on the body and put em in your mirrirs

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Yeah I can agree on that Loki, the tear drop shape doesn't hit me that much, but I am more concerned on the safety/visibilty of having the signals that wide apart for cagers to see.

But if they make the shape and finish like this with the price tag of $30-50'ish...I wouldn't hesitate at all! :cheers Incorporate that signal similar to the cheap ebay one and use maybe like a LED with CLEAR lens.

·
Registered
995 Posts
That would be class, i did think of buying a set of those so i could add some LEDS myself

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
yeah that would have been nice to get those, but with the price tag...that's a bit wee too much. Unless some upstart manufacturer would make a similar one for alot cheaper.

That would take some sort of drilling/fabrication.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
OCboy03R6 said:
i dont really like the ones with the turn signals, but the ones on the r1 look phat, what do thoes run for and where?
i believe those run around $250+/- each. so about $500+ a pair.

Click the pictures my friend for the link

1 - 18 of 18 Posts