Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrights guys, i've got an 04 R6, i've done most the body work that i want to do to it, however one thing that i have yet to see are some sort of mirror uupgrade. The stock mirrors stick to far out for my personal taste. Now i know i can just take them off and put block off plates on, but i definetly like being able to look back and see if there are any cops behind me, without having to turn all the way around and look. Has anybody heard of or know about any mirrors that would work on my bike that are just a little bit smaller?

·
Registered
995 Posts
there are a few available mate, i'v got some on my ride, but i don't know where u would get them over there.
Try PM Penfold i think he knows where u can get some over there

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool i appreciate it...... Bravo you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your mirrors would you?

·
Registered
380 Posts
PICS anyone?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Check out the lockhart phillips chicane mirrors. I ordered the but sent them back because the adaptors didn't fit, but they are supposed to get new adaptors.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
ever thought of using bar end mirrors. crg makes some small ones. it looks good though, but the price is ridiculous. i used a bar end mirror from japan. if im not mistaken i seen the same type on jay leno's y2k bike. the mirror it self is bigger than the crg model. it is supposed to be a universal fit type mirror. but i ended up machining my bar end on a lathe to make it fit better. alot of my friends who just install it with the rubber expansion plug end up cutting there lever shorter because it hits the mirror bracket.

·
Registered
148 Posts
the law for mirrors is if you can see 15 ft behind u, it doesn't specify how large the mirrors have to be, i bought just little blind spot mirrors and stuck them wher ei can see behind me, they don't stick out and they are clear, i like em

·
Registered
281 Posts
not sure how i feel about those mirrors bravo :wtf they're clean but look like antena on a bug or a hornet or something :poke

·
Registered
359 Posts
I got this one on tobefast. ONly $35.50. It's pretty nice does exactly watch you asking, makes it so you don't have to turn all the way around and look

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks bravo i definetly like those mirrors, they're small,which is totally what i want, but still look as though they do a pretty good job. I appreciate all of the replies guys.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those mirrors did look pretty good,but carbon fiber just doesn't work for me on my bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts