Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of gettin those pig spotter mirrors, i know they have a 1st gen and now a 2nd gen type of them anyone use either one or both and whats you feedback are they worth it do they work well or what.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
From what I've heard....You can't see shyt out of em. But I've never had them myself.. If your still wanting them, I thing there are some for sale on this forum.

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
you should get CRG bar end SL mirrors. i have two myself. visibility is great, looks awesome and doesnt move in high speed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have them on my R1, you cant see anything really .They are easy to install if you know what your doing

·
Registered
917 Posts
i freakin HATE pig spotters. You cant see crap outta them you'd be better off taking ur mirrors off completely than putting those worthless pieces of crap on ur bike

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was actually lookin at those recently, too... But I don't think I want them now

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
I have them, Love the way they look, but can't see shit out of them... Well, I got a great view of my arms.. LOL!

They are there to say that "you have mirrors" in case you were to get pulled over. If you get them be prepared to be able to drive with out mirrors because that is basically what its like.
Personally that is how I prefer it.

·
Reppin' that 405
278 Posts
they suck, just like everyone else said. ill prolly through down some money for some crg bar ends..so atleast i can see behind me.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
pig spotters r useless and ugly. get rizomas if u have the money to burn.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have them for my 06 R6 and they are'nt that bad . you have to angle them right its a genuine universal application but to each his own.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I took mine off..put some greggs custom mirror covers on and then got 2 of the small crg bar end mirrors...it loks sweet and I get compliments on them all the time..Ill post some pics if you want

·
Registered
313 Posts
I purchased a set of universal signal mirrors off ebay and with a little custom fabrication they look great (IMO). To make them look the best you need to remove the boots off your stock mirrors and cut the brackets on the new mirrors to that shape then use your stock boots with the new mirrors and they look factory.

The picture isn't the best but it's all I have at work. I can send you more if you ask.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts