Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have might have miscounting the rebound for my r6 2013 which should be 25 click but I've gone to 26/27 click.

did I just break my rebound component inside the fork?

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
Lol wat? you cant break your rebound.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Lol wat? you cant break your rebound.
Sure you can, it's just a mechanical component. You turn the adjuster and the needle moves in and out changing the flow of oil. It can fail.

However, if I counted 26 clicks and there is supposed to be 25 my first reaction wouldn't be "it's broken!", but rather I'm probably counting the clicks wrong. If it turns and turns and turns, then I would suspect it's broken.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
Sure you can, it's just a mechanical component. You turn the adjuster and the needle moves in and out changing the flow of oil. It can fail.

However, if I counted 26 clicks and there is supposed to be 25 my first reaction wouldn't be "it's broken!", but rather I'm probably counting the clicks wrong. If it turns and turns and turns, then I would suspect it's broken.
Turning it one click too much wont break it unless it was already broken. it just stops turning when it's maxed out.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Turning it one click too much wont break it unless it was already broken. it just stops turning when it's maxed out.
Not sure if serious...

I have seen from multiple sources that you have to be careful not to crank on the suspension valving adjusters once you hit the stop, because it doesn't take much muscle to turn it past the stops and break them.

Have you never stripped a fastener? Or turned any mechanical device past it's stops? You most definitely can break shit by going one click too far.

That said , OP, if your suspension was ever taken apart, it's possible it was reassembled with the adjusters setup to have a slightly different range. So if that last click didn't have any extra resistance compared to the rest of the clicks, you're probably fine.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
I am not sure if I miscount or exceed the click..
Double check. Don't force it. I see dozens of forks a year (many OEM) that the clicks don't match what the book says. Depends on how the springs are preloaded when the caps are screwed down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't force it. when it comes to 25 click and it seems can go to 26 click and then can't turn again.
On the right side, I just stop at 25 click and afraid to get break component inside.

Is there any way to check this? with or without disassemble the fork?

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
I don't force it. when it comes to 25 click and it seems can go to 26 click and then can't turn again.
On the right side, I just stop at 25 click and afraid to get break component inside.

Is there any way to check this? with or without disassemble the fork?
I would not worry about 1 click. To set them, turn full clockwise to close (without forcing them) then count out the same number of clicks on both legs. Next time they get serviced you can try to get the same number of clicks when reassembling the forks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts