Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a coolant flush and while im at it giving my new bike a once over with the panels off. Im missing a bolt behind the coolant tank. Any idea what this is and if its important to replace. Bike has left one oil drip since ive owned it and it really seemed like it was because having taken it out in the rain it washed some of the residue up and dripped once. But if there is a leak it seems to be coming from this general area. Going to brake clean everything as well to really see whats going on as i drive it. Any help appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so after cleaning Ive realized the chain snapped at one point and messed some stuff up but didnt break the case.You can see where it dug in. Seems like the rtv was meant to fill something that probably sprung a leak after that. Anyways heres a better pic. Need to know what the bolt missing is where the rtv is. Honestly anyone willing to explain what this is would help me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
you're not missing a bolt. that's where the sprocket cover bolts to. the chain ripped a hole in your motor. I can see where that tab was welded back on. look above the shift rod, see that rough line on that cover? that's where the rest of a tab used to be. the chain snapped it all off.

here is a clean non broken setup looks like with the cover off. notice it has a chain guide in there also.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/tezzrr/f3c32866.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that makes a lot of sense thank you. Now is this something I need to order and replace right away (the cover and guide) or can it just be left for now until i get the parts. That picture is very helpful thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts