Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the bike more than cars but I kind of miss having a car to race around in. I got a luxury / sports car but my wife drives it not me. I think I am going to bite the bullet and get another car like my last one. Here she is......I should have kept it but the offer was too good.

What kind of car do you have if you have one? Here is my last one.

993 Single Turbo
Techart RS 1 of 250. The list is very very long of Techart stuff...anyway.

Attachments

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol...a guy offered me $17K more than I had in it, I couldnt pass it up. Thanks for the comment though.

·
Ride Hard
404 Posts
nice ride man, but you should think about refinishing the driveway before pending that kind of coin on a porsche.

just my 0.2....

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry about the driveway.....That house I bought for $329,000.00 and sold it for $426,000 OF COURSE I spent the $5K on the driveway. BTW the property in that area is bought by the square foot.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yam07R6 said:
Don't worry about the driveway.....That house I bought for $329,000.00 and sold it for $426,000 OF COURSE I spent the $5K on the driveway. BTW the property in that area is bought by the square foot.
if you dont mind me asking..what do you do for a living

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love how people talk Shi# when they have no clue what they are talking about. I bought my first house when I was 19 years old and did a rehab. From that time I have owned 12 houses ......how bout you?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yam07R6 said:
I love how people talk Shi# when they have no clue what they are talking about. I bought my first house when I was 19 years old and did a rehab. From that time I have owned 12 houses ......how bout you?
uhhh what? lol..is this directed toward me?

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I manage a 100M developement company. I build sites for Walmart, Target, Hospitals, Strip Malls, Residential Homes which sucks right now. Pretty much all of the commercial market including banks. I buy the ground and do the grading, concrete, asphalt, San./Storm pretty much everything except the building. I rehap houses on the side. I try to find houses in high dollar areas that need work the turn around was really good until about 6 months ago. Now I pretty much stay with the commercial stuff.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yam07R6 said:
I manage a 100M developement company. I build sites for Walmart, Target, Hospitals, Strip Malls, Residential Homes which sucks right now. Pretty much all of the commercial market including banks. I buy the ground and do the grading, concrete, asphalt, San./Storm pretty much everything except the building. I rehap houses on the side. I try to find houses in high dollar areas that need work the turn around was really good until about 6 months ago. Now I pretty much stay with the commercial stuff.
nice...sorry for all of the questions..but how did you have a house at 19? just curious because you obviously made some right decisions

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lunchbox101 said:
uhhh what? lol..is this directed toward me?
No, No not at all...guccigucci2001.

I mean whats the purpose of saying you need to fix your driveway before spending that kind of coin on a porsche. WTF?? People are F-ed up. It's a 100 year old neighborhood I'm sure there are alot of old driveways. But it still comes back to what is the purpose of saying that....nothing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
guccigucci2001 said:
nice ride man, but you should think about refinishing the driveway before pending that kind of coin on a porsche.

just my 0.2....
concrete cracks badly over time...

just my .02 cents...

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well if you want me to go into detail here is the short form. At 18 I started working for a construction company I made about $52,000 a year this is about 16 years ago...I'm older than most people on here I am sure. Anyway my aunt wanted to move to Chicago so I got a co-signer (grandfather) to buy the house and fix it up. I paid $69,000.00 for it and lived there for a year and sold it for $93,000. I took the money and paid for school until it ran out. (Washington University) I finished school with a BS Business Management.

I begged for a job with one of the largest contractors in the state and one of the largest in the US. I got the job Estimator in Training out of 80 applicants. This is after 4 years of school at night and digging ditches / laying pipe during the day or laying concrete. I did pretty well with estimating increasing the company volume by about $300M. I resigned took a job with the largest developer in the state I had approximately 10 - 35 projects a year for the past 7 years. Just recently in the past year I got an offer to manage the commercial division (about $125M) with a good company here in town. That's where I am now.

Most of my money has been made flipping real estate though, roughly $125K a year is that alone. Last year was not so good though.

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AWDXTCY said:
concrete cracks badly over time...

just my .02 cents...

You are correct actually it will crack after the first year alot of times. I just had a stretch of roadway in front of a strip mall paved and it already has un controlled cracking.

That driveway however IS really old I planned on taking it out when I bought the house. Google Kirkwood, Missouri and you will understand the neighborhood. A 100+ year old house goes for 1M and above. "Cute" bungalows as they describe them which is a tiny house with two bedrooms and 1 bathroom goes for $300K plus. You get the idea. :cheers

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a $500K house in Kirkwood.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well if you'd like to make any donations to the "Help Andrew get through his PhD and buy a brand new R6" fund, please PM me! hahaha but seriously nice man. Hopefully I'll be in those figures some day (haha not likely though)

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RideTheSquirrel said:
Well if you'd like to make any donations to the "Help Andrew get through his PhD and buy a brand new R6" fund, please PM me! hahaha but seriously nice man. Hopefully I'll be in those figures some day (haha not likely though)
You will. When things don't work out which they don't alot. Just keep telling yourself to move forward go around, over or through whatever obstacle is in front of you. Not to sound like a motivational speaker but it is true. Don't let anything stop you....I mean really I was digging ditches on the side of the road for 12 hours a day. My ladder was Laborer, Foreman, Superintendent, Project Estimator, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Division Manager / Partner ie Gold Key Pension. A crap load of obstacles in the way that I went through. Keep at it brother it will all be worth it.

Thanks for the comments BTW I appreciate them. :cheers

·
Ride Hard
404 Posts
Yam07R6 said:
No, No not at all...guccigucci2001.

I mean whats the purpose of saying you need to fix your driveway before spending that kind of coin on a porsche. WTF?? People are F-ed up. It's a 100 year old neighborhood I'm sure there are alot of old driveways. But it still comes back to what is the purpose of saying that....nothing.

Just an observation...its great that you have luxury cars, and 400K home...but looks poor parked on a driveway which in this pick looks like it was taken in the hood... :nocontrol

1 - 20 of 91 Posts