Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Yamaha R6
So i'm missing a screw that belongs near the bottom of the seat on the exterior. It supposedly connects the lower and upper fairing together. Please can anyone tell me what belongs there. I think its either a hex screw that is located under the fender that has a plastic washer or either a black punch-type fastner. There are one on each side. These are just pics of the right side. Here are pics:

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Those pics suck, but it looks like the pop rivet not a screw.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea sorry. Took them w/ my gf's shitty camera. Couldn't get a good angle.

Which one on this diagram from Mr.Cycles.com would it be?

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can anyone send me a pic of that area on an 07 and 08 r6?

hopefully they are more detailed than my pics.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
This is an 08 and I am not familiar with the 08's. However, the pop rivet #37 looks like it's going to be the one youre missing. Question, what doe it look like on the other side in the same spot? Is it a black type plastic pop rivet or is it a screw? You will have your answer if you can figure out the corresponding, opposite side.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
As I said on the first entry, i'm missing both of the screws... ONE ON EACH SIDE.

Sorry, didn't read that. It really looks like the pop rivet #37. Buy them and try them out. If they work, great. If not, you have extra pop rivets for when you do loose them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha sorry. it was late :) Yea I ended up buying a bunch of extra rivets from the side cover and the fender. Hopefully its one of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts