Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i remember seeing a for sale post with a full exhaust system which had the slip on damaged but the rest of the system was fine. the op said that the slip on that is sold by that same brand is the same as the slip on that came with the full exhaust....

so if the slip on fits both the oem mid pipe and the full exhaust mid pipe.. would any slip on that fits the oem pipe work with that full exhaust system?

the reason i ask is because i really like the look of my laser slip on... but have a pc3 on the way... and want to get a full exhaust system...

thanks

-tj

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mixing and matching isn't easy as it sounds. Some mid-pipes and header pipes may vary in width and not fit tightly with one another. So make sure you know the diameters of everything before you order.

Making exhaust systems is a really elaborate process. It takes a lot of good engineers and expensive equipment to develop them. So when companies make exhaust systems they make it with all their parts, not other brands. Everything would probably work alright with mix and matched parts, but you'd be doing a lot better if you got a complete system made by one manufacturer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mixing and matching isn't easy as it sounds. Some mid-pipes and header pipes may vary in width and not fit tightly with one another. So make sure you know the diameters of everything before you order.

Making exhaust systems is a really elaborate process. It takes a lot of good engineers and expensive equipment to develop them. So when companies make exhaust systems they make it with all their parts, not other brands. Everything would probably work alright with mix and matched parts, but you'd be doing a lot better if you got a complete system made by one manufacturer.

yea, i was worried about them being different diameters or having different mounting positions... but what threw me off was the seller saying the regular slip on that fits oem mid pipe could be bought to replace the slip on that came with the complete exhaust system. so if thier slip on fits oem and my current slip on fits oem... i figured that my current slip on would fit onto that companies headers and midpipe...

-tj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts