Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been toying with the idea of selling my 6 :[ Im not in a position where i have to sell it but it would be nice to have the money to put into a truck or some other things. I moved out to colorado about a month ago and i just don't see myself riding here (just because i don't like distance rides, and i cant find any good roads that are close) What do you guys think about selling it, and how much do you think i could get for it? Its an 09, white 5,1xx miles with brand new pilot powers and not a scratch on the whole bike. Mods are as listed in my sig..

thanks,

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Honestly, everyone goes through the same thing at one point or another. Selling the bike and not having any. Then they see other riders out on the road and wish they were riding.

It's natural, my friend who is 60 has been riding for 30 years and he gave up motorcycles about 15 years ago, now he just started back up again.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
you can't find any roads in Colorado to ride on? hard to imagine but what ever.

sounds like bikes just aren't for you. sell it to someone who likes motorcycles.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts

sounds like bikes just aren't for you. sell it to someone who likes motorcycles.
x2

I ride on flat, straight boring roads, but I still enjoy being on my bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

not within an hour from my house and i race professional motocross, bikes are my life and my job...

·
Registered
307 Posts
You would be able to get $ 5000 Max.

·
Registered
307 Posts
He's selling an 09 r6, not a moped.
06-09? little differences here and their but who gives a ****? they all suck. 05 R6 =)

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
not within an hour from my house and i race professional motocross, bikes are my life and my job...
You might get the same thrill/excitement level on a track with your 6 as you do with MX. Honestly the street is boring, I'm going to do a track day or get my race license myself before I give up on streetbikes.

·
My R6 is Famous!
1,324 Posts
06-09? little differences here and their but who gives a ****? they all suck. 05 R6 =)
Sounds like a hater if you ask me.

Yeah the track would probably be your best bet. I've ridden my bike maybe 100 miles on the road this summer. It's just too damn boring and dangerous for me to really ride. I also didn't get out to the track at all this summer so you could say it's pointless for me to have my bike and I'd sell but I haven't really had too (although I would really like too)

Do what you have to do man. Everyone's priorities are different. You're the only one that can make that decision.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
been there. we all occasionally go out to the garage and say "geez i could really use another 5,6,7k in my pocket. you just have to decide how much you really need that extra money vs the fun and enjoyment your bike provides.

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
selling the bike already? sad to hear that.... def try out the local tracks.. im gonna be doing that next season..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts