Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any comment on the 2007 R6 mjs performance header??

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
My post with all the stuff I got from Mike at MJS

You won't find a better guy than Mike to deal with, at least I haven't. When I called him he has always been able to answer all my questions right away.

It is just a factory header with a mid-pipe welded on (surprised that hasn't been posted yet), however the factory header is actually a very good design, the factory just has to compromise and install a catalytic converter and a muffler, the MJS Header removes all of that, and just bolts right on, you won't have to worry about cutting your factory piece, or rigging up a bracket, just bolt it on and ride.

I've been very happy with my purchase. I'd choose the MJS Header again if I had to do it over again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can anybody tell me what is the differnence between a y-pipe and a mjs performance header? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
MJS Header already has their Y-pipe welded on. Basically, they're doing the work for you.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If you get a clamp on y-pipe you will eliminate the muffler (the large box under your bike), but the catalytic converter will still be in the header tubes. If you buy a weld on y-pipe it will eliminate the both the catalytic converter and the muffler.

The MJS Header is a factory header with the weld on y pipe, already welded on, and ready to bolt on. I fabricate and weld on a regular basis (fabricated pretty much everything on my Jeep), so I could have bought the weld on mid-pipe and welded it up myself, however I decided buying the header already done was worth the extra money to me. I got to unbolt my stock stuff, and just bolt up new stuff and go ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.