Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all R6-riders!:toocool:

I can see that a lot of you are running MJS headers or have made the 05 pipe mod.

Do you have your bike on a dyno for a custom tune? Or just for a single dyno-run to see hp, A/F ratio or something else?
If so:
How many hp did your bike? :flex:
Pics of dyno charts are more than welcome!

If you have used the Bazzaz Z-AFM or the Dynojet Autotune yourself and later got your bike dyno'd, post your results! :)

- Pallenaldo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback! :throwup I feel sorry for your guys if you have PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome).

Inputs are welcome - I hope to get some relevant inputs. Even though that it seems that you guys in the US, dont use your money on custom tunes and dyno runs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those who are using a downloaded map:

Why are you using a Dynojet map and not getting a custom tune? Is it so expensive in US to get a tune?

Here in Denmark a custom tune costs around 300-450 USD.

·
The Big R
736 Posts
Just use the search option on the forum and you might find some dyno charts posted up by members. If you cant find them, then we probably dont have em.
Its much cheaper here to get a custom dyno tune. 150-250$ on an average.
Y dont we get them done?
a gain of 1 or 2 hp over a similar map doesnt warrant the money spent.
Might as well spend it on something else.

Peace

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Just use the search option on the forum and you might find some dyno charts posted up by members. If you cant find them, then we probably dont have em.
Y dont we get them done?

Peace
Most reputable shops are more like ~$300 for a tune.

A "downloaded" map is NO comparison to a custom tune. When I put an exhaust and PC3 on my last bike with the according map from Dynojet - it was almost as if there was no power increase. After the custom tune - I picked up ~4 hp and more importantly GOBS more usable power down low.
So in contrast, I'd say the money spent on a fuel controller is a waste if you DON'T have a custom tune.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Y dont we get them done?

Peace
It is the low and mid-area where the custome tune kick ass. All the dips and holes are gone vs stock/DL map. And for street use, we are using 10-60% gas a lot more than 100%.

Here is a R6 08 tune at 10% gas.

If you look at 7,5k rpms, there are a increase from ~14HP to 19HP = 5 extra HP = 35% power increase. Overall it's a much more usable engine after the tune.

Most reputable shops are more like ~$300 for a tune.

A "downloaded" map is NO comparison to a custom tune. When I put an exhaust and PC3 on my last bike with the according map from Dynojet - it was almost as if there was no power increase. After the custom tune - I picked up ~4 hp and more importantly GOBS more usable power down low.
So in contrast, I'd say the money spent on a fuel controller is a waste if you DON'T have a custom tune.
Thanks for the post, do you have prints of your dyno charts?

Do the most reputable shops have a load brake on their dynos - and the others shops dont? Cause it's very hard, if not impossible, to do a great custom tune without the brake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts