Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i want to purchase the MJS Gen 1 Headers and either a M4 Slip-on or a Megaphone SLip-on.

But i have some Questions.

1) all i got to do is remove the stock headers and istall new headers and mount slip on as if i was mounting onto stock headers correct?

2) Megaphone with MJS would be very loud right?

3) do i need a Power commander? how do i know if i need a PCIII or PCV?

4) i'm a new rider, will the MJS headers make the learing phase more difficult or the power gain isnt that "extreme"

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Hi i want to purchase the MJS Gen 1 Headers and either a M4 Slip-on or a Megaphone SLip-on.

But i have some Questions.

1) all i got to do is remove the stock headers and istall new headers and mount slip on as if i was mounting onto stock headers correct?

2) Megaphone with MJS would be very loud right?

3) do i need a Power commander? how do i know if i need a PCIII or PCV?

4) i'm a new rider, will the MJS headers make the learing phase more difficult or the power gain isnt that "extreme"

just installed mine couple days ago too lol
it was so worth it..

1. remember to torque the bolts to 15lbs... use vaseline to help keep the gasket in, and its better to do it when the bike is cold, so the gaskets stick better.

2. That would be insanley loud.. its pretty much lk going open header... i gutted out my stock exhaust and put in race baffles.. also remember to take off the exup/cables

3. you dont "need" it.. but its probably better if you do .. it will correct your air/fuel ratio.. and either one is fine.. PCV is autotune which is nice.. but PCIII is good to. your going to be backfiring alot.. flames and all.

4. the power gains are realy nice.. without exup.. you gain alot of midrange-peak power.. and no it wont make it more difficult.. just RESPECT the bike

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much.

another question, since i knew i was going to get headers soon i removed the Stock exhaust and the EXUP cables already. i left that little box thing that the exup cables connected to and that plug still plugged in.

Do i need that with the MJS+ Slip-on?

Also what about the 02 sensor? does it connect to the MJS Headers or do i got to remove it?

*Awesome link, Thank you!*

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Thank you very much.

another question, since i knew i was going to get headers soon i removed the Stock exhaust and the EXUP cables already. i left that little box thing that the exup cables connected to and that plug still plugged in.

Do i need that with the MJS+ Slip-on?

Also what about the 02 sensor? does it connect to the MJS Headers or do i got to remove it?

*Awesome link, Thank you!*
umm if your talking about the servo motor then yeah leave that in there..
if not the check engine light will come on .. or you can just get a servo eliminator plug, so it will fool the ECU into thinking its still there..

as for the O2 sensor.. you unscrew it from your stock header, and screw it on the MJS,, theres a little bung on the MJS where it screws in, and once you get a PCIII or which ever,, you can completly remove the O2 sensor.. and thats why the MJS header comes with a O2 bung so you can block off the hole after the O2 sensor delete

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you akam1, you answered all my questions. everything makes sense now lol

I'll just leave the Servo motor until i get the eliminator plug. (pretty expensive for just a plug lol)

I think i'm going to get the PCV along with the MJS and just get rid of the 02 sensor right away.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

I'll just leave the Servo motor until i get the eliminator plug. (pretty expensive for just a plug lol)

I think i'm going to get the PCV along with the MJS and just get rid of the 02 sensor right away.
That's the correct way to do it. Otherwise your bike is going to be running really lean.

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts

yupp no prob,, yeah those dam things are costly..
PCV is the way to go. ive bazzaz is better since they support more injectors
i would look in to it

have fun.. ride safe.. enjoy the crazy mid range power gain
1st go up to 55 dump the throttle and snap it back= a power wheelie!

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
+1
im running really lean.. you can smell it
and if you make contact with the end of the exhaust your eyes will start to
burn
Hey there,

If you purchase a pc5 (we suggest this over the pc3) from us we can load a custom map on there for you that works extremely well!

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123256

Just tell us upon checkout that you want the map installed, its free of charge. We only have maps for the pc5. We will be discontinuing the pc3 since the pc5 works on 2006-2010 R6R models. These are in stock and ready for shipping.

Look forward to doing business with you guys!

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Hey there,

If you purchase a pc5 (we suggest this over the pc3) from us we can load a custom map on there for you that works extremely well!

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123256

Just tell us upon checkout that you want the map installed, its free of charge. We only have maps for the pc5. We will be discontinuing the pc3 since the pc5 works on 2006-2010 R6R models. These are in stock and ready for shipping.

Look forward to doing business with you guys!
:YEA sounds lovley
ps: thanks for the awesome header
worth every penny

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
:YEA sounds lovley
ps: thanks for the awesome header
worth every penny
You're welcome! The ceramic coating we use is one of the best on the market, its like a powder coat but withstands 2000°

Thanks for the compliments!

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
You're welcome! The ceramic coating we use is one of the best on the market, its like a powder coat but withstands 2000°

Thanks for the compliments!
no prob.. ive spread around the good word..
2 my friends are looking into buying some

also do you know if the torque specs matter
bcuz we didnt have a torque wrench so we tightened
to wat we thought was 15lbs.. been riding like this for little over a week
seems fine

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
no prob.. ive spread around the good word..
2 my friends are looking into buying some

also do you know if the torque specs matter
bcuz we didnt have a torque wrench so we tightened
to wat we thought was 15lbs.. been riding like this for little over a week
seems fine
Hey thanks for spreading the word! We appreciate that.

As long as you have them good and tight on there, it would be good for you to get them torqued though. You can get a cheap torque wrench from harbor freight and that will be good for what you are doing.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Sounds Awesome MJS, will be getting the PCV from you guys. :)
Sounds good! We look forward to your business! As always for anyone on here, don't hesitate to contact us anytime! We try to respond as fast as we can!

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
if i get mjs headers with a slip on (maybe two bros,leo vince or stock) will it be as loud as a gsxr with a jardine gp1?? thats the loudest bike ive heard in person

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
if i get mjs headers with a slip on (maybe two bros,leo vince or stock) will it be as loud as a gsxr with a jardine gp1?? thats the loudest bike ive heard in person
I have no clue, if you want a really good looking exhaust slipon go with this one, we have 3 left in stock (The TI can with Carbon Cap) Leo makes one of the best exhaust out there.

http://shop.mjsperformance.com/product.sc?productId=111&categoryId=34

Matched with one of these.

http://shop.mjsperformance.com/product.sc?productId=4&categoryId=3

Dont forget since you will be purchasing a Leo exhaust slipon you will get free shipping on your entire order, Enter R6forum in the coupon code box when checking out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts