Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent heard much about these pipes so i was wondering what gains could come from putting one of these on. the videos r not the greatest but id like to get some real numbers from dyno's or peoples personnal likes and dislikes. They dont have to much inifo on their site either. Would it be worth it? if i do pick one up it would be the arrow race header with a gytr slip on, and most likely a bmc filter. i have a pc3 waiting paitently to be mapped. so any info would help in my decsion making process.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
My post with all the stuff I got from Mike at MJS

You won't find a better guy than Mike to deal with, at least I haven't. When I called him he has always been able to answer all my questions right away.

The Arrow header though is something different, that's not an "MJS Header". Thats made by another company, he just sells that. At least that is my understanding.

He has a dyno sheet somewhere on the site from a bike with the MJS Header, maybe I dug it up on his old site? When I looked at it, the dyno was pretty much identical to all the other "race" headers I looked at. The factory header is actually a pretty good design, they just have to compromise and add catalytic converter and a muffler to it, Mike removes that and sends you back a header that you can just bolt on. You won't have to cut your factory piece, you won't have to worry about a clamp on mid pipe leaking, or rigging up a bracket, you get to just bolt it on and ride.

My bike sounds great with the MJS Header, and GYTR pipe. In videos its always hard to tell how something will actually sound. I ordered everything from Mike all at once and he gave me a pretty good deal. I'd also plan on at least getting smog block off plates with that, and consider the EXUP servo plug.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked for the dyno sheet but im not very savvy with research. i appriciate the info i am gonna look into prices and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.