Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
100% Freak of Nature
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t mean to sound like promoting or trying to sell something

but I have seen this on youtube and other forms. but I as wondering do you people think this is a good part to buy? its webpage is all flashy and all..

im just looking for some good preferments parts and I don’t know if anyone has seen these..

please give me your insight on the product, or if know any others that may be good/better

i like the sound.. but i bleve its all the slip on doing

you can wach the video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9TTkvJGH8

the websight here
http://www.mjsperformance.com/r60608fullracesystem1.htm

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
I love mine and I have the stock can on. I get all kinds of compliments. Its loud and performs alot better than stock. But I would get a pcIII to tune it after the header.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
YES!!! YES!!! and ...YES!!! lol If ya cant afford a Full System then MJS is your best way to go. His product is awsome! Its all welded an has no leaks or any problems. I also would recommend a PCIII an filters to go along with thou. currently im running all this....

With a Akrapovic full system w/aftermarket filter (02 sensor disconnected) PCIII map an it runs sweeeeet!! U wont go wrong with MJS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClG-r48vmHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE8FFMcofGc

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes, yes ,and yes. I just put on my header with the stock muffler (exup disconnected) and wow...the bike sounds like an F1 race car at high RPM's. Put it in a shootout yesterday on a dyno with no tuning (a PCIII with a pre-made map) and when I put my bike in the dyno no one was around....after mine went to redline once, the dyno was swarmed. It feels lighter, more nimble and has more power...now I just have to tune it. And the customer service you get from Mike (mjs) is second to none. He replies to everything you ask within 24 hours and he did my header in less than a day and shipped it back out. Will $1200+ give you better performance than this? Yes, but how much?...IMO not enough to spend $900 more on maybe 3 hp.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Yes, yes ,and yes. I just put on my header with the stock muffler (exup disconnected) and wow...the bike sounds like an F1 race car at high RPM's. Put it in a shootout yesterday on a dyno with no tuning (a PCIII with a pre-made map) and when I put my bike in the dyno no one was around....after mine went to redline once, the dyno was swarmed. It feels lighter, more nimble and has more power...now I just have to tune it. And the customer service you get from Mike (mjs) is second to none. He replies to everything you ask within 24 hours and he did my header in less than a day and shipped it back out. Will $1200+ give you better performance than this? Yes, but how much?...IMO not enough to spend $900 more on maybe 3 hp.
So how much power did you make?

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
It's definitely worth every penny. I love mine!! Especially with my Termi GP slip-on. My bike sounds amazing!! :toocool:

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
I'm at 110.6 horse.

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
MJS is badass!!! i would get his over anyone bc of the price and the quality is just as good as a expensive header!!!!!! i have it with a GYTR slip on and the sound is orgasmic haha HBHARRISON!!!!! how big of a difference could u tell with the PCIII and the bmc filter? since we have the same exhaust

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
MJS is badass!!! i would get his over anyone bc of the price and the quality is just as good as a expensive header!!!!!! i have it with a GYTR slip on and the sound is orgasmic haha HBHARRISON!!!!! how big of a difference could u tell with the PCIII and the bmc filter? since we have the same exhaust
With the PCIII...it was huge difference :toocool: (with the 02 sensor disconnected) But the filter was minor... prolly mad not much a difference at all really. need a good tune to actually take advantage

·
Registered
313 Posts
So how much power did you make?
106.44 with no tune and pump gas on a uncorrected 4th gear roll-on.
(For any noobs: most dyno runs allow you all the gears which will have spikes showing more hp. Also the tuners will correct the hp using calculations for the humidity and temperature and elevation as these can change true horsepower ratings. A 4th gear roll-on test is the tuner/tester runs the bike right to 4th gear, allows the bike to settle to idle then opens the throttle the whole way till redline. This produces a lower number than an all-gear test as well as for shootouts they are uncorrected for humidty, temo, and other factors.)

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
106.44 with no tune and pump gas on a uncorrected 4th gear roll-on.
(For any noobs: most dyno runs allow you all the gears which will have spikes showing more hp. Also the tuners will correct the hp using calculations for the humidity and temperature and elevation as these can change true horsepower ratings. A 4th gear roll-on test is the tuner/tester runs the bike right to 4th gear, allows the bike to settle to idle then opens the throttle the whole way till redline. This produces a lower number than an all-gear test as well as for shootouts they are uncorrected for humidty, temo, and other factors.)
Never knew that, thanks. My tester was in 5th doing my dyno runs

·
100% Freak of Nature
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YES!!! YES!!! and ...YES!!! lol If ya cant afford a Full System then MJS is your best way to go. His product is awsome! Its all welded an has no leaks or any problems. I also would recommend a PCIII an filters to go along with thou.

With a Akrapovic full system w/aftermarket filter (02 sensor disconnected) PCIII map an it runs sweeeeet!! U wont go wrong with MJS
I like the headers but not a fan of your slip-on (not my tasted, one to its own I presume) it has a.. kinda hollow tin sound. not met to flame or anything.. but its like when I was 8 and I use to run over a empty soda can on the back tire of my street bike (bicycle) and have the treads run threw the can making a ERRRRRRR sound.. ( I was to pore to ford the playing card and close pin for the back spokes) and pretend..

but the background sound of it is nice ^^;

that all good and all I just don’t wana be like those annoying guys (EX: I come home from a 12 hour shift from Woking and lison to adults complaining about why there spouse left them, but can see the tie between there 2 "mistress" being the cause.. when I get home and finely relax and go to sleep and about 3am hear some dumb ass that races down the street waking everyone up.. makes you wana hop on your bike, chase them down and unload a clip of 38's in them.)

I like the sound of the modified mjs parts but I hope it doesn’t get to much louder, or I’ll have to buy that OEM stock slip-on+ silencer if needed..

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
I like the headers but not a fan of your slip-on (not my tasted, one to its own I presume) it has a.. kinda hollow tin sound. not met to flame or anything.. but its like when I was 8 and I use to run over a empty soda can on the back tire of my street bike (bicycle) and have the treads run threw the can making a ERRRRRRR sound.. ( I was to pore to ford the playing card and close pin for the back spokes) and pretend..

but the background sound of it is nice ^^;

that all good and all I just don’t wana be like those annoying guys (EX: I come home from a 12 hour shift from Woking and lison to adults complaining about why there spouse left them, but can see the tie between there 2 "mistress" being the cause.. when I get home and finely relax and go to sleep and about 3am hear some dumb ass that races down the street waking everyone up.. makes you wana hop on your bike, chase them down and unload a clip of 38's in them.)

I like the sound of the modified mjs parts but I hope it doesn’t get to much louder, or I’ll have to buy that OEM stock slip-on+ silencer if needed..
For sure...it will be louder. But there are pipes to fit everyones needs. i wanted loud an deep...thats why i chose the GYTR. U can get a silencer slip on as well. Not sure what brand but there are lots out there

·
100% Freak of Nature
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For sure...it will be louder. But there are pipes to fit everyones needs. i wanted loud an deep...thats why i chose the GYTR. U can get a silencer slip on as well. Not sure what brand but there are lots out there
i know you said you dont know what brand.. but do you know anyone who might sell some (like online links.. a good store you may recamend)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought Mikes R6 Full system, with BMC filter, PCIII USB and NGK iridium plugs. Had a full graves map, but wasnt running real well, so got it custom dyno tuned. Bike makes 112.9 hp, Ive got the dyno sheet to prove it too. Made 104.8 when it went in, got 10% more torque after the tune too. If you get a system off Mike, and run the same combo as me, I can give you the map.

Sounds great, is super light and have had no leaks or issues with it

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
I bought Mikes R6 Full system, with BMC filter, PCIII USB and NGK iridium plugs. Had a full graves map, but wasnt running real well, so got it custom dyno tuned. Bike makes 112.9 hp, Ive got the dyno sheet to prove it too. Made 104.8 when it went in, got 10% more torque after the tune too. If you get a system off Mike, and run the same combo as me, I can give you the map.

May i have the map please. lol I know im running with a GYTR slip on but... heck... i try everything lol thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts

I'd like to try that map too. Just curious to see how my bike will run with it. My setup is the same except the muffler.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would definitely go with a mjs header. Mike is a cool guy that is very helpful and his products are of very good quality. I initially had a mjs header and a gytr stubby slip on. It was too loud and annoying and the tone was more dirty than cool. I sold the gytr slip and bought a KR Tuned carbon fiber slip and removed the baffles from the slip on. I love the tone now. Much louder than stock but not over the top. The note sounds all race. I wouldn't buy a full exhaust even if I did have the money. Spending 1500-1800 on exhaust for a $9K bike can't make sense.

I havent remapped my computer and I'm still running the stock filter. No problems. I'm gonna order a BMC filter to open things up but I don't intend on buying a PCIII.

Go with the mjs header and a slip on, it makes a lot more sense then spending all that money on a full exhaust IMO.:fact

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would definitely go with a mjs header. Mike is a cool guy that is very helpful and his products are of very good quality. I initially had a mjs header and a gytr stubby slip on. It was too loud and annoying and the tone was more dirty than cool. I sold the gytr slip and bought a KR Tuned carbon fiber slip and removed the baffles from the slip on. I love the tone now. Much louder than stock but not over the top. The note sounds all race. I wouldn't buy a full exhaust even if I did have the money. Spending 1500-1800 on exhaust for a $9K bike can't make sense.

I havent remapped my computer and I'm still running the stock filter. No problems. I'm gonna order a BMC filter to open things up but I don't intend on buying a PCIII.

Go with the mjs header and a slip on, it makes a lot more sense then spending all that money on a full exhaust IMO.:fact
Unless you are racing the bike, track or drag, or trying to squeeze every single last little bit of hp out of the bike for some reason, I can not see why you would spend the money on a name brand full exhaust. It may perform the slightest (and I'm sure it will be slight to most riders) bit better and obviously will sound different (but thats all a matter of taste), other than that, it will be no different from the slip on of your choice with a header from Mike (MJS).

1 - 20 of 62 Posts