Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
If only they knew
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up yall this is my first post on R6 forum!
i was just wondering what would sound better(louder and deeper) between these two headers
1. MJS http://http://shop.mjsperformance.com/product.sc;jsessionid=2EFAB5E182A712CDA77B564CDDDAC7F0.m1plqscsfapp05?productId=210&categoryId=3
2. Mad hornet
http://http://www.madhornets.com/exhaust-header-oem-style-yamaha-yzf-r6-2008-2009-13s-14610-00-00/
how would the bend effect the noise? would that make it deeper or louder and i would need a pc5 or something like that right?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

Such clean welds......:nono

Dont buy that shit or that 2 Brothers knockoff slip on...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
but the price is 400 tho
so what do you suggest then?
Not buying shit. Buy a quality used pipe rather than new garbage. Would you buy diapers half off because they already had shit in them or spring for the new, unused ones? :laugh

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
ur analogy is shitty dude, it dont make no sense
Incorrect. That pipe is full of shitty welds. Or shit. A quality pipe (Akra, Leo, Graves, etc) have nice welds, and are clean. You can buy shit, or you can buy clean. And for $400 fcuking dollars, you're slipping if you buy that. For $600 you can buy one of the many used full systems that come up on here pretty often from a non-chinese knockeroffer.

But then, if you can't look at those god awful welds on the INSIDE of the pipe and tell its crap, then there isnt much hope. Do you also have spike fairing bolts? :sing

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Clean welds

·
If only they knew
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol had to look that up, but na my bike is stock like i said im a N00B!
i just got my 1st bike ever in march.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
maybe buy some rider training...:secret
uhh smh u dont know me bro. i do have about 5 years of riding experience believe it or not.:thumbdown dont make try and make smug statements without any knowledge
Um.... I'm going to agree with TB here. If you are that much of a noob, you ride like a chump. And if youre faster than your bruhs, your bruhs fcuking suck. Worse.

:fact

·
Rubber side down
512 Posts
I find it amusing and sad how many people ask for opinions or advice when all they really want is validation for what they're going to do anyway.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
uhh smh u dont know me bro. i do have about 5 years of riding experience believe it or not.:thumbdown dont make try and make smug statements without any knowledge
el oh el... whose bikes were you riding before you got yours??

Its pretty clear you cant use a search button but thats ok. :lmao

·
Registered
211 Posts
You asked for opinions you got them now you're arguing over the opinions you were given. Listen to redisdead and save the extra couple pennies to buy a good used system. There are plenty that pop up on here.

And just a heads up this is a forum everyone is a smartass. Trying to fight with people that have decades of experience is just stupid. If you want opinions you'll get them if don't want to hear a different opinion then yours don't ask.

·
make the snow go away!!
215 Posts
The mjs headers are decent. But the truth is you can save some money and buy a high end exhaust from someone on here. Or keep saving and buy a new high end one. There really is no need for one though unless you are going to race. And as far as noise goes....Take off the stock header. ....clean out the cat honeycomb crap....cut off your muffler and put on a mid pipe and call it good. Much cheaper and loud as fcuk.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Um.... I'm going to agree with TB here. If you are that much of a noob, you ride like a chump. And if youre faster than your bruhs, your bruhs fcuking suck. Worse.

:fact
:werd

1 - 20 of 23 Posts