Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i just picked up my '04 R6 a week ago, liquid silver w flames. its my first bike and despite everyone i know planning my funeral, im pretty sure i can learn as well as anyone else. ive got about 75 miles on her so far, mostly in parking lots and around town. the bike seems very well behaved at low rpm and im a lot less freaked out that its going to kill me. i already ordered a few bits and pieces for it, i dont like leaving anything stock for long. its just exterior stuff, ill look into making it faster once i can ride it for real.
it looks like you guys have a cool thing going here with these forums and its good to be a part of it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes, new bikes do smell good. :mrgreen:

I just got a new R6 myself. I know everyone's told you this, but you should have got something different for a first bike. Preferably something with less power and ugly enough that it wouldn't make you cry when you fall down in a parking lot. Be safe and have fun. Take a riding course!

Oh and welcome to the forums. :moon

EDIT: Hey, don't take my comments critically. You already have the bike so there's no sense in second guessing your decision. It's a great bike and I hope you enjoy it. Don't try to do too much too fast and only ride in a manner where you feel comfortable. Wear the proper gear if you can.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, the smell of a new bike is great. Too bad it doesn't last long...

Get some frame sliders/clutch protector if it's a new bike. It's cheap insurance, man...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Okay, so here i am, i have the same flamed r6. I bought it thinking i'll be different with it. It turns out it seems to be the r6 to get. I really can't wait until the 05's come out, then i'll be mad i didn't wait until next year...but isn't that always the case? Welcome to the cult!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i thought too.. but i dont care, i think its the hottest lookin bike there is and hopefully theyll all end up looking a little different..

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
welcome to the forum, and i think i went the route less traveled for the 04s. i got the red and black one. havent seen to many around so i feel more special then when i rode on the short bus :mrgreen:

·
Registered
54 Posts
You're right, a new bike does smell great, especially when it's been sitting in your garage overnite and you come out first thing in the a.m. the whole garage smell of new bike. you're not alone in everyone planning your funeral. my dad said "Whatcha' trying to do son, get your killing done"!!! and i was 40 when i bought it. mid life crisis i guess. later have fun and dont' overextend your riding experience. :cheers

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
If you respect the power of the R6 and do not become stupid you'll be OK. Keep your head and you should do fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts