Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Skinny Tail? Or Butt Impant?

• Keep the Chopped Tail

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A work in progress...
13,615 Posts
this. the rear end looks half-assed/not-done. with the street fighter look, see if you can get the rc8r tail to fit... THAT would be pimp.
:fact

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It was never completed. The bike was purchased as it is cosmetically. I debated on the tail for a while but was too busy riding to want to take the time to change it. I put the time and money into the function. But, i am out of country for a while and have started buying parts to finish the project. In someways I like the tail... it's different. I've debated using some wire mesh and body filler to fill that gap. But I also think the stock tail would look sexy. The short tail has disadvantages in the rain, but so did my buell. I think putting the stock tail back on will come down to a right price situation. I still need a damper, i want to switch from PCV to Bazzazz (i had bazzazz on my last r6 and prefer it) and I want a slipper clutch. The other finishing touches will be repainting. Same color scheme but the tank will be white and the headlight housing as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.