Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
B4B
12,775 Posts

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
i dont know if you are willing to try amsoil, but if so, i think bob is still a forum sponsor. if so, hit him up. i know when i ordered oil from him, he got me 12 quarts for like 102 shipped. the price may have gone up some since, but i would still give that a shot if you are willing to try amsoil.

·
My R6 is awesome
54 Posts
I have seen "Kragen auto parts" store also know as "O'Reilly Auto Parts" store sell MOBIL 1 RACING 4T 10W/40 for under $10 a quart

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah I pay just under 10 bucks per quart at autozone.. still the most expensive oil they have there, for both cars and bikes.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Yeah I pay just under 10 bucks per quart at autozone.. still the most expensive oil they have there, for both cars and bikes.
:werd

I've ran Motul V300 ($18 a quart) and saw hardly any difference to justify the price of the Mobile 1 Full Syn Race they sell at AutoZone for $9.50

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
almost all car parts stores sell mobil 1 racing oil for motorcycles. why on earth would you buy it online for basically $10.60/qt and then wait for it to show up...then order or go to the store to get the filter?
you can use any filter on your R6 that fits a 1996 Mazda Miata. buy a wix(napa) or a purolator(about $4-6). 2 of the best filters for the money

·
B4B
12,775 Posts
almost all car parts stores sell mobil 1 racing oil for motorcycles. why on earth would you buy it online for basically $10.60/qt and then wait for it to show up...then order or go to the store to get the filter?
you can use any filter on your R6 that fits a 1996 Mazda Miata. buy a wix(napa) or a purolator(about $4-6). 2 of the best filters for the money
:werd

i buy a case of 6 quarts for just over 40 bucks and wix filter.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn't even realize they sold Mobil 1 at autoparts. I just assumed they were all cars. I think I'm just going to go with them and make it easy. They're right by my house! Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
592 Posts
This right here the filter, Napa Gold part # is 1358. I buy a lot of parts from AZ for work and get the Mobil 1 for 7.50 a qt.

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
Normal price for it is under $10 a quart at Auto Zone and Advance Auto Parts. Check their on line sales ads. Sometimes the run it for $7.99 a quart. This is when I buy it.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Didn't even realize they sold Mobil 1 at autoparts. I just assumed they were all cars. I think I'm just going to go with them and make it easy. They're right by my house! Thanks for the responses.
yup they have it. since you are there you can get a mobil or K&N filter if you have the cash or a bosch which is probably 1/2 the price and just as good.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...er=15&itemIdentifier=153231_0_0_&target=shelf

like skeeter said they have sales on stuff sometimes. I think advance auto parts sells it for $9.50 and autozone is $10

1 - 14 of 14 Posts