Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas, i was just wondering what everyone thought about some color mods for my bike. It's an 04 liquid silver flamer. I'm thinking i might accent the bike with a little red. Has anyone thought of this? Maybe when i get some spare funds to throw around i'll go with some red neons here and there. Also, is there a place i can order the material the seat is made from or could i just pick some stuff up at a local textile shop? My mom can sew and i can staple. Anyways, just feeling creative today. Ciao.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
my boy polished the lips of his wheels and then painted the spokes chrome red.....he's got silver 03 R6 and it looks pretty good. I'm not a big fan of neons but he's got some red ones and they look ok i guess....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
:piss NEON LIGHTS

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of neons just as an add on. I'd like to focus more on the red painting side. I'm sure you've all seen that silver/blue european bike. How would that look with red?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hey Fellas, i was just wondering what everyone thought about some color mods for my bike. It's an 04 liquid silver flamer. I'm thinking i might accent the bike with a little red. Has anyone thought of this? Maybe when i get some spare funds to throw around i'll go with some red neons here and there. Also, is there a place i can order the material the seat is made from or could i just pick some stuff up at a local textile shop? My mom can sew and i can staple. Anyways, just feeling creative today. Ciao.
I would also go with LED's. They are much more durable than neon, and I think they look better. As far as the seat material, our seats are injection foam molded. It starts out as a liquid and cures to a foam. It's going to be very hard to find this material. If you're wanting to change the color of your seat, just have it recovered. I would tell you to do it yourself, but believe me, it's a pain in the arse. I paid $60 to have both seats recovered in silver vinyl at an upholstery shop.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
get a good paint shop to re-do the flames in red, get the wheels polished and inside painted to match, red windscreen, that should look pretty good without overdoing it i would think, good luck on your project
:cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts