Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first time posting but I just picked up my first bike (07 r6) a week ago and I am ready to start putting some parts on so its ready for the spring and I figured it would be a good time to buy parts around Christmas considering the deals that go on. Just need some opinions on what brand to buy. I already made a list of what I want/need:
Flush Mounts
integrated taillights
Sprockets and chain(-1 front +2 rear)
Tires(pilot power 2ct)
Double Bubble windscreen
H.I.D's
Full Exhaust( yoshi or leo)
Power Commander lll
Frame sliders
levers(ebay)
Steering damper
Seat Cowl

( As you can see in the picture there are two bike in my garage both my brothers and Ive also raced motocross for years so I am not a total amature :YEA)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thats one nice looking bike! Congrats! I like the list!

·
Pigs can fly!
1,160 Posts
This doesn't sound as cool, but make sure you have good insurance coverage. At the very minimum, comprehensive is a must imo :yes

And I'd steer clear from the cheap levers. My adjusters don't adjust very easily anymore.

Looks like the rear already has integrated signals, unless the PO rides w/o turn signals alltogether.
If you can swing it, you should mount LEDs into the passenger pegs.

Lastly, do a projector + halo mod with your HIDs. Sticking HID bulbs in reflective housing is so last year :fact

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Flush Mounts
integrated taillights
Tires(pilot power 2ct)
Double Bubble windscreen
H.I.D's
Full Exhaust( yoshi or leo)
Power Commander lll
Frame sliders
levers(ebay)
Steering damper
Seat Cowl
Keep note that some or all of this stuff isn't on sale, sometimes the best isn't the cheapest.

1.Proton Flush Mounts or Watsens Flush mounts, these are really bright and not only clean up the bike but I believe they are visible for being flush mounts as well.
2.Go with Motodynamic or CustomLed, my friend ordered a moto for his kawasaki and customled for his yamaha. Can't go wrong either way, their bright.
3. Don't know much about sprockets and chains, sorry.
4. Power pilots are always good, I think i'll go back to them after riding on Q2s. A lot of our website sponsors usually have sales or deals on tires so look around.
5. The debate between double bubble is to go with Puig or ZG. I'm a ZG fan myself, recommend it to all of my friends and family. Never had an issue with them, though if you get a smoke DB I'd stay away from Puig as I've heard that they turn purple.
6. H.i.ds go with Kryptonbulbs (josh) on here. He's better than the other company (DDM Tuning) in more ways than one. I'd go with the projector mod like I did, one of the best and favorite mods I've ever done.
7. Go with leo
8. Go with PCV.
9. Don't get cheap knock off sliders, they'll fold on you like a taco and do more damage. Also aim for cut sliders where you have to cut into your plastics as it's stronger than no cuts because no cuts are mounted on a off bracket. That off bracket could snap, while cut sliders are mounted directly to your frame.
10. Don't cheap out on levers if you are getting some after-market. Nothing worst then your levers breaking when you are riding because you cheaped out.
11. I'm going with an ohlins damper when I get money.
12. Probably targa seat cowl, I don't like the cushion pad on most of them.

·
My R6 doesn't eats me
50 Posts
Nice bike man....I went with the motodynamics light for the first mod on my bike and couldn't be happier with it. Definitely a good buy for the money.

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Hey guys this is my first time posting but I just picked up my first bike (07 r6) a week ago and I am ready to start putting some parts on so its ready for the spring and I figured it would be a good time to buy parts around Christmas considering the deals that go on. Just need some opinions on what brand to buy. I already made a list of what I want/need:
Flush Mounts
integrated taillights Motodynamics
Tires(pilot power 2ct)
Double Bubble windscreen Puig or Zero Gravity, I have a puig
H.I.D's Krypton bulbs
Full Exhaust( yoshi or leo) Yoshi personally, Everyone and their brother has a leo now.
Power CommanderV Frame sliders
levers(CRG (not ebay))
Steering damper Hyperpro
Seat Cowl

( As you can see in the picture there are two bike in my garage both my brothers and Ive also raced motocross for years so I am not a total amature :YEA)
Thats my best input. Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks alot guys I appreciate all the input (mike especially) I think I am going to go with the zero gravity wind screen and I have DDM HID's in my car and there great never had any problems and it's also good to have a life time warranty just in case something goes wrong.. I personally think the yoshi sounds better but i've only hear it from youtube clips. Also I am not sure exactly how to do the projector mod and where to buy the projector? I also would Love to change fairings with someone on the forums (red,gunmetal) so i am not sure if I would get the frame sliders yet because I wont want to hack into the fairings if I am going to trade with someone.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Thanks alot guys I appreciate all the input (mike especially) I think I am going to go with the zero gravity wind screen and I have DDM HID's in my car and there great never had any problems and it's also good to have a life time warranty just in case something goes wrong.. I personally think the yoshi sounds better but i've only hear it from youtube clips. Also I am not sure exactly how to do the projector mod and where to buy the projector? I also would Love to change fairings with someone on the forums (red,gunmetal) so i am not sure if I would get the frame sliders yet because I wont want to hack into the fairings if I am going to trade with someone.
Kryptonbulbs also has lifetime warranty, not to mention his ballasts are smaller so it's easier to hide. Sorry if I'm biased it's just that he runs his own business and is also a sponsor on this site so of course he'll have great customer service as well.

I like Yoshimura but for Yamaha I would get something "Yamaha Only" to make me special for getting a yamaha like Graves or so.

Here's the write up for the projector mod:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123495

He didn't have the back plates to mount the projectors before but now he does, the only hard part now is to wire them and find a place to mount the ballast. I did it and it's great, really adds flavor to my bike as she looks like she has a set of eyes. If you don't want to hack into the fairings yet get some no cuts, I mentioned they aren't as strong but they'll protect it in a parking lot accident. I personally have the T-Rex Racing no cut sliders, clutch/rear brake sliders and spools.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts