Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im new to modding bikes both performance and appearance. I can tell you what mods do what for SRT-4s and other cars but not for bikes. Is therea list of what mods do what for bikes? thnx

·
Registered
395 Posts
This is what I have on my bike:

KR Tuned carbon fiber exhaust
BMC air filter
Vortex -1/+2 front/rear sprockets
DID 520 chain
Vortex lowering link
gel hand grips
Vortex bar ends
frame sliders
fender eliminator
Sportech windscreen
mirror stops

others probably have a power commander and speedo healer also

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been searching. I got the fender eliminator down, frame sliders. But when i see vortex -1/+2 front/rear sprockets I have dig up encyclopedias, the bible, etc just to know what they do. Turbos,exhaust headers, lowering links I know cause they do the smae on cars. I saw a gold bar or something on the handling bars, right below the gauges and it had me scratching my head.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Go to a performance shop and get your suspension dialed in.

Get some sticky tires. Pilot Powers are a good start.

Go to a track day.

Best mods ever.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
the possibilities are almost endless. how much money do you plan on spending and that will help you narrow down at to do and what not to do at this time. its an expensive addiction.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
So im new to modding bikes both performance and appearance. I can tell you what mods do what for SRT-4s and other cars but not for bikes. Is therea list of what mods do what for bikes? thnx
1.Changing spockets(-1/+2,etc)is like changing gear ratios on in a cars diff.
2.Adding a PC3(power commander III)is like changing the chip in a car.
3.Steering stabilzer(gold bar)is like the shock aborber in a 4x4 steering linkage.
4.Fushies are flush mount signals for either Fr or Rr.
5.CA (clear alternative) is an LED tail/brakelight w/intergarted signals.
6.DB(double bubble) are taller windshields.
7.Rear cowl/solo seat/cowl seat- are all terms for the plastic piece that replaces the stock pass seat.
8.Tank pad is a stick on pad that protects the tanks paint from getting scratches by the metal buckles on your pants.
9.Swing arm sliders are like frame sliders, but for the swing arm.They also double as an attachment point for a Rr bike stand.
10.Velocty stacks are like venturies for the throttle bodies.Usually shorter are used to aid top end perfmance.
K&N, full Exhaust, HIDs,SS brk lines do the same for bikes as they do for cars.I know theres other items i forgot & im sure others will add to this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i think this cat wants a list.
frame sliders protect your fairings and frame.
sprockets change the engine to wheel power ratio.
stainless steel brake lines reduce brake failure or increase stopping power.
chrome used to get you laid.
stuff like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1.Changing spockets(-1/+2,etc)is like changing gear ratios on in a cars diff.
2.Adding a PC3(power commander III)is like changing the chip in a car.
3.Steering stabilzer(gold bar)is like the shock aborber in a 4x4 steering linkage.
4.Fushies are flush mount signals for either Fr or Rr.
5.CA (clear alternative) is an LED tail/brakelight w/intergarted signals.
6.DB(double bubble) are taller windshields.
7.Rear cowl/solo seat/cowl seat- are all terms for the plastic piece that replaces the stock pass seat.
8.Tank pad is a stick on pad that protects the tanks paint from getting scratches by the metal buckles on your pants.
9.Swing arm sliders are like frame sliders, but for the swing arm.They also double as an attachment point for a Rr bike stand.
10.Velocty stacks are like venturies for the throttle bodies.Usually shorter are used to aid top end perfmance.
K&N, full Exhaust, HIDs,SS brk lines do the same for bikes as they do for cars.I know theres other items i forgot & im sure others will add to this.
sweet thnx for the info

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
No problemo!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts