Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i read about you guys modding these aftermarket pieces for volume and crap... What about the budget way...to get the sound without the big spending? Can you play with the baffle in a stock can and get a little more growl? (Not talking huge, i got a car that covers the uberloud exhaust part of me) Anyways guys, i was just curious...if its possible, maybe lets hear how. Thanks boyz
Brian :hump

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats all i needed to know buddy! Thanks.
I know that some things are specifically tuned from the factory and stuff like that, so ok. I kinda figured it might make it sound like ass
thanks again
Cax :hump

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i know a couple guys that have done it and yes it does sonud like :moon
ive heard one guys who actuallr cut it open and redid the baffling and shit but it took him awhile to get it to sound right and in the end he just got a aftermarket one anyway.. dont do it unless you just really want to screw with something to take up time in your day. :cheers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Buddy of mine cut the guts outta his 600gixxer's can and it actually sounds alright...
Wouldn't hurt to **** around with it... Worse thing that can happen is it sounds like shit... kinda like stock...

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could probably cut the end off and install a yosh race baffle then rivet it back together...there's a fella on the r1 forum that does it and it supposedly sounds good on the one...his username is LDHR1...It's pretty cheap too...you can get baffles for under 60 bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts