Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got my 09 back from the local mechanic who did a few things to my 09 R6. Most importantly he changed my headers for the 05 catless headers. He had some dramas with the length and direction the headers were coming out for the Termignoni pipe, so a bit of welding here and there fixed that. He had to make up a small baffle for the Termi simply because it was too lean and needed back pressure as i dont have a PC yet.

Sounds awesome now and feels great. Feels like better power delivery, but more than anything i am noticing the weight loss from the factory cat.

He added the ASV shorty levers, HEL braided brake lines and added the Carbon mid fairing. I will post up a sound clip and video soon. Track day at Phillip Island on thursday, so i cant wait to see how it goes around the track.

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
sick mate. i would like to do the header mod but am afraid it could be too loud. sometimes it doesnt pay to advertise as the cops can hear me coming from a mile away already:lmao i wouldnt mind the extra go though. gonna get a pcv and dyno her? in for results...****...

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Nice! You'll love that Termi for sure.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
looks great mate :cheers:

but I had a question, most fun is working on the bike yourself, why pay a mechanic for what you can do yourself? Maybe next time you can turn the wrench and enjoy the fosters while u at it, :lmao
:stupic, i like the way ya think:drink

·
Registered
259 Posts
sick bike dude...i want some CF mid fairings too now!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I usually do everything myself, however the bike needed its first service, so i fugured i would get him to do the header mod because i have no idea about welding an o2 sensor bung onto it. Then i figured, whilst the fairings are off, he may as well install the brake lines, and attach the mid fairing and whilst doing the brake lines, he may as well put the levers on!

The indicators will be replaced one day soon. Not going with the flush mounts, but i will find something smaller and better looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts