Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my R6 for about 2 weeks and drove to work today, about 38 outside...and my Shoei visor fogged up to where I needed to have the visor up a little bit which made me colder...what do you guys do for that?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
wait for it to warm up!! lol

Well, there are a few tings you can do...one, get the breath guard, that really helps keep your warm breath off the cool shield (which is why it fogs)

Keep the front vent open, the one that is right next to your mouth. That one creates airflow in front of the visor and will aid in the "anti-fogging"

You can try not breathing, although, this method is not recommended...

Breath through your nose as much as possible...creates less fog.

·
Registered
587 Posts
...I dont know if you have ever been scuba diving but your own saliva works wonders.

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
In a pinch, or if you're just a cheap bastard, I use the cut-off sleeve of a T-shirt. It fits tight across my nose and is loose at the bottom.

·
Registered
311 Posts
get some rainx anti fog stuff and make sure all the vents are open, after applying the rainx stuff I could barely fog it with everything closed... for me it works best to breath through my mouht into the vent

·
Registered
728 Posts
yoda said:
You can try not breathing, although, this method is not recommended...
ROFLMAO. I'm speechless Yoda. OMG that was good for a laugh.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I guess noone is going to ask the obvious question....

What brand of helmet is it??

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a Shoei TZ-1...

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
These are "breath guards"...helps a ton, and they are only like $15

Click on the PIC for the link

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
You rode when it was 38 degrees outside? I rode when it was in the upper 40's right before I winterized by sixe but once it hits the 30's, I'm taking the Jeep. :hammer

I use the breath guard on my helmet and helps a hell of a lot.

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
I got one of the new Bell helmets that just came out, and it has the guard built in. Never had problems with fogging.

Apparently, Bell is making a come back with motorcycle helmets. Mine was very affordable, and its lighter than the HJC. I'm lovin it so far.

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in Oregon...if its dry Im riding! :mrgreen:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts