Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I go to pick up my new-to-me R6. I'm feeling good, ready to ride it to a friends house where I'm storing it for a month while I'm on leave. I get to the guys place and get everything sorted out and off I go. I'm currently stationed in NC so of course, the sunny weather goes goodbye and it starts raining in about 5 minutes. A little rain turns into a downpour. Downpour turns into ping pong ball sized hail, lightning and thunder. Of course my new helmet is on backorder so I have to use the old one that the guy gave me with the bike that is fogging like mad. I rightfully decided to pull over and wait out the worst of the storm and think the rest is going to go great. Well it only rains a little bit for the rest of the trip but about 10 minutes later I come up on a HUGE traffic jam because the biggest road in Fayetteville is entirely closed. After about 20 minutes of stopping and going I get to run around some weird neighborhoods I don't know at all to try and find a way around it. Of course there are branches, pine cones, etc. all over the road from the storm. After dodging all that crap I finally made it to my buddies house over an hour after I started...drenched, tired, and with a big smile on my face. That was not only my first ride on my R6 but also my first ride on a sport bike period. Interesting way to be introduced into the world of riding. I'm just glad I made it there period. Heres some pictures of the new bike.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You got some great experience riding in the rain and dodging all the crap on the road! Glad you made it safe though! Nice bike too!

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,852 Posts
thats pretty hardcore for a first ride....nice work.

·
Banned
660 Posts
went on a long drive the other day and was raining like crazy and i was feeling bored from driving so my gf gave me a blow job while doing 100 on the freeway ...dont let anyone else tell you different but chicks with braces = O HELL YEAH!!

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
It certainly stormed like a mad man in Fayetteville today. I got stuck in it as well, but in my car and it still sucked. Too bad your not staying in the area, can always use more R6 members in NW Arkansas :(

·
Team: Teletubby racing
20,998 Posts
went on a long drive the other day and was raining like crazy and i was feeling bored from driving so my gf gave me a blow job while doing 100 on the freeway ...dont let anyone else tell you different but chicks with braces = O HELL YEAH!!
:eek5....pictures or im pulling out the bullshit flag on you:fact

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
thats funny!!!my first bike was a 1998 yamaha FZR 600 and when i went to go pick it up it poured like all hell!!...well i wanted it home..ya know??..so i rode it home after most of it stopped!!that was in 2005..last year in july i purchased my new 07 R6 and as it figured it rained the day i went to go pick it up!!!..once again i wanted it home and did so!!..so i think any time i buy a bike it should rain..i take it being like its a blessing!!!

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
Glad you made it through the storm ok. I got caught here in Houston yesterday in a huge out of no where rain storm. Rain was coming down side ways and the wind was blowing like crazy. Rain drops were huge. Just dropped down to 45 and kept going cause you could see the sun a couple miles up the road. Sure enough it was clear and the road was dry. By the time I got home I was almost completely dry.

·
Occasional Human
280 Posts
:gives

·
Occasional Human
280 Posts
So today I go to pick up my new-to-me R6. I'm feeling good, ready to ride it to a friends house where I'm storing it for a month while I'm on leave. I get to the guys place and get everything sorted out and off I go. I'm currently stationed in NC so of course, the sunny weather goes goodbye and it starts raining in about 5 minutes. A little rain turns into a downpour. Downpour turns into ping pong ball sized hail, lightning and thunder. Of course my new helmet is on backorder so I have to use the old one that the guy gave me with the bike that is fogging like mad. I rightfully decided to pull over and wait out the worst of the storm and think the rest is going to go great. Well it only rains a little bit for the rest of the trip but about 10 minutes later I come up on a HUGE traffic jam because the biggest road in Fayetteville is entirely closed. After about 20 minutes of stopping and going I get to run around some weird neighborhoods I don't know at all to try and find a way around it. Of course there are branches, pine cones, etc. all over the road from the storm. After dodging all that crap I finally made it to my buddies house over an hour after I started...drenched, tired, and with a big smile on my face. That was not only my first ride on my R6 but also my first ride on a sport bike period. Interesting way to be introduced into the world of riding. I'm just glad I made it there period. Heres some pictures of the new bike.

that is some crazy sheet right there! wth is it with everyone having to combat the rain on the day they get their bike? i had to do the same, 'cept mine was a trailer queen.... so what can is that? is that a micron?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,532 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that is some crazy sheet right there! wth is it with everyone having to combat the rain on the day they get their bike? i had to do the sme, 'cept mine was a trailer queen.... so what can is that? is that a micron?

I honestly have no idea. It has a metal plate on it that says harpoon but the guy I bought it from says he tried looking it up and couldn't find anything

I e

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.