Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my wheel bearings and came across the motion pro bearing remover tool which is neat but it's asking me what size to get (10mm, 15mm, etc). Anyone know which size mm would fit on a 2003 r6? The tool is here:

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have a steel rod and a hammer or you can usually knock the seals out from the inside. Tap on one side, then the other and slowly it will come out. To install the new bearing put the bearings in a freezer for a few hours, use a heat gun on the wheels wheel bearing seat. Next just slide the new bearings in

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have a steel rod and a hammer or you can usually knock the seals out from the inside. Tap on one side, then the other and slowly it will come out. To install the new bearing put the bearings in a freezer for a few hours, use a heat gun on the wheels wheel bearing seat. Next just slide the new bearings in
Thanks. I ordered the tool because when looking at my bearings on the front tire, they are tight against the spacer, making it so the spacer won't move aside, preventing me from hitting the inner race of the bearing. For those interested, the front bearings on the 03 r6 are NSK 60/22. Therefore because the bearing inner diameter is 22mm, the correct motion pro tool would be the 20mm I'm thinking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts