Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I broke a Throttle cable and since I had to replace that I wanted a quick turn while I was in there, I went with a Motion Pro Variable Revolver Throttle kit. I order this kit Through RidersDiscount So if you want to know a price Send them a PM or Give Tj a call :toocool:

function - 10/10 Works like it should, Comes with 4 different throws so you can pick your mood ;)

Install - 5/10 you are replacing a throttle cable.......It is not a walk in a park but with some know how and a service manual you can do it!

Looks - ?/10 Who care what it looks like, But it sure is sweet

Ease of changing the Revolvers - 8/10 as of right now with the cables being new they are a tad bit of work to get together, takes about 10 min to change it out and get it back together

This is good to have for those that like the Quick turn and a MUST if you are replacing a broken throttle cable!

Here are the other Revolvers you can pick from.

This kit does come with Grips too, so if you cant get the old grip off of the old gun there is no need to run out and buy new ones just for this! And for the Best price I found Hit up RidersDiscount :fact you will be impressed with this

:popcorn:

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Duuuuuuuude....again, Ive been consider this exact set up...how do the different revolvers feel from the other ones...how does it feel over stock?

I thought about doing the PVC mod, but would rather go this route...

·
16,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Duuuuuuuude....again, Ive been consider this exact set up...how do the different revolvers feel from the other ones...how does it feel over stock?

I thought about doing the PVC mod, but would rather go this route...
It is feels a lot better! I think It is more smooth than the stock one
Does the gold revolver match your forks? If not, how close is it?
Close....But No cigar
:laugh

Can you orientate the cables in different spots or does it have to be routed like you have it?
My only other complaint, I wanted it routed over the top, but the Cable rubbed the line coming from the Brake Resivor, so I went under to stop any issues. Other wise i would have ran it over the top.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
How much turn is required from closed to wide open? Is it a true quarter turn?

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Just curious if the longest pull revolver is used, is it still a shorter pull then stock? And how short is the shortest pull revolver? I've yet to see anyone answer that.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
i have this as well, there is only one cam that provides a shorter throw than the OEM throw.

pita if you have a double banjo bolt for brake lines...

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
i've assisted the install with this exact kit on two different bikes. Have to agree on the actual throttle cable install. It wouldn't be so hard if I was like 10 yrs old and a dwarf. Other than that my hands had a tough time with that shit. I was gettin' frustrated.

·
16,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have this as well, there is only one cam that provides a shorter throw than the OEM throw.

pita if you have a double banjo bolt for brake lines...
I have 2, the 50 mm is the shortest, then it is the 45mm and 40mm is stock, and 35 is slower than the rest.

i've assisted the install with this exact kit on two different bikes. Have to agree on the actual throttle cable install. It wouldn't be so hard if I was like 10 yrs old and a dwarf. Other than that my hands had a tough time with that shit. I was gettin' frustrated.
:fact I was proud of myself, I did not throw any wrenches into the wall

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
yea, it aint fun installing, but the turn is worth it in my opinion.

i'm running the 45mm spool and it's a 1/5th turn - vs. the stock 1/4 turn. it's a little more twitchy mid turn b/c of this, but that's mostly just my throttle wrist not being smooth enough for this new part yet. DEFINATELY worth the money - especially considering i had broken the housing of my OEM throttle assembly in my lowside. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts