Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
12,482 Posts
just because you can, doesn't mean you should...

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
lol, i was gonna do that with a wireless back up camera, but i installed gps instead.

·
12,482 Posts
haha they are a forum sponsor...
oops... well... I guess I should apologize...

I'm sorry people think this is a good idea...

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I tried to come up with a good reason to have one here is the closest reason that might make sense for someone to have it.

The one use I could think of is it could be great for an instructor at the track if they could find a way to mount it and not interfere with the mounting of a steering damper as this could be a safety issue.

But then again looking down anytime you are on a bike is never a good idea but it could be better than having to turn around on your bike and look back as an instructor. I also see a problem with trying to see the LCD display when it is bright outside. It's like trying to look at your cell phone on a sunny day and not being able to see anything on the screen which would be like riding without mirrrors anyways.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I doubt the screen would be bright enough to see with the sun beating down on it, plus imagine some kid walking by your bike and sees the screen. One tug and its gone. . .

·
Daily Bike Commuter
104 Posts
I think a radar that beeps if something is coming up fast on you is a good idea. Someone make that happen and give me credit.

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
I think a radar that beeps if something is coming up fast on you is a good idea. Someone make that happen and give me credit.
yeah cept u would need a fog horn just to hear it over my pipe :lmao

1 - 12 of 12 Posts