Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin for exaust for my new 08' R6s . got about 950miles and cant deal with the stock exaust anymore..lol. if you guys could send me links for them it would help me out greatly.

also..wondered how many of you have ever gotten pulled over for that style.lol.

·
Registered
212 Posts
keep that Cut it down, paint it black, I think you will be happy but maybe it's not your style? or go with the Hr1 Riot pipe it's an awsome pipe that's what I was going to go with but than I fig. before I ordered it I would cut mine down and it was simple to do!! and sound's good Look's good! I can't believe I didn't do this along time ago.. But now I lost my end cap so just make sure u dont test ride it before riviting/screwing the end cap back on!

·
R6=GO!!!!!!!!
571 Posts
keep that Cut it down, paint it black, I think you will be happy but maybe it's not your style? or go with the Hr1 Riot pipe it's an awsome pipe that's what I was going to go with but than I fig. before I ordered it I would cut mine down and it was simple to do!! and sound's good Look's good! I can't believe I didn't do this along time ago.. But now I lost my end cap so just make sure u dont test ride it before riviting/screwing the end cap back on!
Could you explain how you exactly did that? i bought a 08 r6 about 3 weeks ago and the stock exhaust sucks......

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes it will work I always thought it would be harder than what it is to do.. I just went out and put it in the vice wrapped tape around it where I wanted to cut it and cut it! Here are full directions though.. and here's a pic of mine also. I would recommend keeping maybe a inch or so more of your pipe than i did so it is easier to get the actual pipe out the end cap. also when u cut the pipe in half remember once u get it opened up to cut the middle pipe a little longer I did not do that..

To Shorten the Can:
Using a chop saw with a metal cutting blade
Drill out the rivets of the end cap and set that a side, measer 8 inches back and mark it
Go to the chop saw and get it all level, make sure you got some kind of eye protection cause sparks are all crazy and cool looking
Cut the pipe and if you cut far enough back you should have cut the end baffle out which is a series of pipes that direct the exhaust all over and weighs approx 7-10 lbs
Bend the inner pipe up that comes out of the middle baffle to line up more with the end cap
Slip the end cap on mark were to drill wholes
Drill them out and slip the cap back on set the rivets
Put pipe back on and enjoy

Here is what the inside will look like once cut in half!

I know that if somone would have shown me that I would have done it alot sooner! It shows How simple it is!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts