Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been watching and studying motoGP and AMA the past couple months.

Did anyone see or record the moto2 today at Aragon? There is a race start accident right before the 1st left turn. The guy on the inside look clear and safe to turn but right before he was about to lean his bike left he does a tank slapper to the right and crashes. What the hell? He look good to lean left and all of a sudden he finds himeself on his right side lol!

When I watch these races and see the crashes I always replay it in slow motion because I like to know what happen and what to do and what not to do. They showed it in slow mo but they didn't explain what happen. I am very techniqal so can someone explain to me what happen on why he crashed? I think I know what happen but but I want other thoughts?

I am still learning here and looking forward to my 1st track day someday soon and watching these helps me a little. But I know best way to learn is 1st hand experience :)

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On lap 10 they went to a replay again and explain why he crashed. He was too hard on the front brake. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Look like he was coming in a little hot, went hard on the brakes while trying to tip it in, and it caused him to high side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts