Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really but ever since I found out all the bikes have Honda motor I started to get bored watching it. I see why they did it like that so it is a close competative and equal race but I like to see our bikes kick some @ss!

Just ranting that's all. AMA 600 class ftw! :)

Source:
Webb said“It’s an engine based on the Honda CBR600, with three main objectives: reliability above all, the same level of performance for everyone, and competitiveness."

·
Super Mod
1,289 Posts
if you think moto2 is boring, you have some problems.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
if you think moto2 is boring, you have some problems.
:stupic

Moto2 is more intense that GP is I think. Other than the speed/power.. take that out of the equation and it is by far. In moto2, *they all run the same engine*.. leaving purely driver skill to win the race. It's way more competitive

*correct me if I'm wrong on any of that, that's just what I've been lead to believe

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just finished watching something on speed for moto2, it was pretty good.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
I like watching Moto2 for the action. There were numerous get-offs, bumps, passes, etc. Way more intense than GP.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Yeah, Moto 2 is far more interesting than GP IMO...

Its all about the skill of the rider than the machine at that point...

And not who has the bigger nuts to hold it wide open on the big machines...:fact

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't get me wrong it was exciting race today. But for me I "ALSO" like to root for the bike and company I send my hard earn my money to. Lol. That's why I like watching AMA and GP. Anyone seen the last 2 races of the AMA? Eslick vs Herrin, honda vs yamaha. Man talk about bumps, pushes! That was fun to watch.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Well not really but ever since I found out all the bikes have Honda motor I started to get bored watching it. I see why they did it like that so it is a close competative and equal race but I like to see our bikes kick some @ss!

Just ranting that's all. AMA 600 class ftw! :)

Source:
Webb said“It’s an engine based on the Honda CBR600, with three main objectives: reliability above all, the same level of performance for everyone, and competitiveness."
Sounds like a Yamaha fanboi talking... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Don't get me wrong it was exciting race today. But for me I "ALSO" like to root for the bike and company I send my hard earn my money to. Lol. That's why I like watching AMA and GP. Anyone seen the last 2 races of the AMA? Eslick vs Herrin, honda vs yamaha. Man talk about bumps, pushes! That was fun to watch.
show me where it says eslick rides for honda?

matter of fact, show me where honda is racing ama dsbk?

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Danny Eslick #1 rides Suzuki, Josh Herrin #8 rides Yamaha

show me where it says eslick rides for honda?

matter of fact, show me where honda is racing ama dsbk?
Jodi Christie # 120 rides Honda:fact

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha Sorry my bad. I meant gsxr. I got honda stuck in my head cuz of moto2 lmao.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Honda engines or not, the technology going into these 600cc machines is simply amazing. The Moto2 class is the business.
I love watching moto2. I am very excited that they squeeze almost 150 HP outta that 600cc Honda motor. Bottom line is that it's a great class. Some of the technology they develop will soon make it's way into the production 600's.. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing 140 HP 600cc's and some VERY badass chassis coming out eventually

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,411 Posts
I love watching moto2. I am very excited that they squeeze almost 150 HP outta that 600cc Honda motor. Bottom line is that it's a great class. Some of the technology they develop will soon make it's way into the production 600's.. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing 140 HP 600cc's and some VERY badass chassis coming out eventually
To be fair, the Moto2 engines are around 120 HP. The WSS engines are close to 150. The technology that will be developed in Moto2 will be supension, aero and chassis innovations. Which will still be exciting to see.

To the OP:
When was the last time Yamaha was involved in the middle GP class? Maybe 8 years ago? (It's been Aprilia vs. Derbi vs. KTM and Honda to a diminishing degree) There are, now like 14 manufacturers involved, which is awesome! And the Moto2 following has eclipsed anything the 250's have had for years!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
To be fair, the Moto2 engines are around 120 HP. The WSS engines are close to 150. The technology that will be developed in Moto2 will be supension, aero and chassis innovations. Which will still be exciting to see.
The motors are over 140 HP. They are supposedly heavily a modified CBR motor. I'm pretty sure the production cbr 600 makes 120. I saw on TV last year that they were saying the bikes would actually be more like 150 HP.

Here's an article to confirm.

http://motomatters.com/news/2009/05/04/more_moto2_details_spec_engine_will_be_h.html

And the motors are around $20k. I would hope to god that no one is paying tens of thousands of dollars for a 120 HP motor that performs worse than new production motors.

Regardless, it is going to be very exciting to see how the technology influences the upcoming bikes in the next few years, that's for sure.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
The motors are over 140 HP. They are supposedly heavily a modified CBR motor. I'm pretty sure the production cbr 600 makes 120. I saw on TV last year that they were saying the bikes would actually be more like 150 HP.

Here's an article to confirm.

http://motomatters.com/news/2009/05/04/more_moto2_details_spec_engine_will_be_h.html

And the motors are around $20k. I would hope to god that no one is paying tens of thousands of dollars for a 120 HP motor that performs worse than new production motors.

Regardless, it is going to be very exciting to see how the technology influences the upcoming bikes in the next few years, that's for sure.
A Moto2 engine costs more than $20K... in fact, IIRC they're around 25K Euro, possibly more.

Your 140+hp number was what they wanted, but the article you cite is old... before the engines were actually released. This is more likely the scenario:

http://motomatters.com/news/2010/02/24/honda_moto2_engines_to_produce_125_bhp.html

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
I enjoy watching Moto2 very much... but I wish there wasn't so much contact - I cringe every time they come up to turn 1.

I dgaf what brand of bike is in my garage - that's not how I decide who to root for.

A Moto2 engine costs more than $20K... in fact, IIRC they're around 25K Euro, possibly more.

Your 140+hp number was what they wanted, but the article you cite is old... before the engines were actually released. This is more likely the scenario:

http://motomatters.com/news/2010/02/24/honda_moto2_engines_to_produce_125_bhp.html
Dang, a 140 hp middleweight sounds like a lot of fun :sing

...even more enticing if it had, say, 72lb ft of torque to accompany it :menace

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.