Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Knotty Boy
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys! I haven't been on this form little while at least not since I've had my are six couple years ago, but like to know if there's anyone going to the circuit of the Americas for the Moto GP race in Austin that is going to be there mid April. Anyways let me know!

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Nope, that place sucked ass, and I will not go back again, until they cancel the Indy round.
i'm with you. went last year... "eh" for me. i've subscribed to the motogp.com video pass for the past 4 seasons, so i expected much more in person. watching ~1/4mile of track then waiting another 90 second to see more action was a pita. plus the whole weekend cost me ~$500. for JUST me. :(

i'll be watching on my computer using my video pass. the way i shoulda done last year.

the partying with friends was legit though.

·
Knotty Boy
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went last year, it was my first motorcycle race. Really cool. Parking sucks.
yeah it'll be my first road racing race... ive been to motard and moto-x races before, but no sportbike stuff. ( http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/images/smilies/secret.gif.pagespeed.ce.KG_Ax-6PPn.gif i ALMOST was able to make the motogp race in Qatar both in 08 and 09 as i was in country then. EXCUSES: 08 i couldnt get out of work, 09 i wasnt allowed to go for "political reasons" because i was mil at the time).

@EksessiV how'd you volunteer? thats pretty cool. btw, i know a zx6r guy (also a track instructor) that lives in college station.

@Agg2001 no doubt, that's why im still going to Tivo it so i can go back and actually WATCH the race instead of just see blurs for a few secs lol

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
i'm with you. went last year... "eh" for me. i've subscribed to the motogp.com video pass for the past 4 seasons, so i expected much more in person. watching ~1/4mile of track then waiting another 90 second to see more action was a pita. plus the whole weekend cost me ~$500. for JUST me. :(

i'll be watching on my computer using my video pass. the way i shoulda done last year.

the partying with friends was legit though.

What you could, And should of done is sign up to be a worker. You will get in for free. And sometimes get paid.

·
Knotty Boy
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How does on do that, simply call the track and ask?

·
Knotty Boy
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be there and Indy! cant wait.
cool, maybe i'll run into ya.

@Aleeex, possibly lol, although i believe its because of my username change. she actually might be in country in time for the race :YEA

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm highly considering the Austin this April. However, I estimate it'll cost $900-1,000. I'm in NY, so plane ticket is going to take about half of that total cost; then there's GP ticket, hotel, rental car, food, hookers, etc. I was super motivated till I actually calculated costs... now I have some doubts...

Hmm. I wonder if they have motorcycle rentals nearby.

For those of you that's saying "it sucked", why? Feedback about the track would be appreciated. Also, I've never been to TX, & wondering if Austin is worth a visit - this is a big factor.

I enjoyed Indy 2 yrs ago & driving there definitely saved $ big time.

·
Knotty Boy
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm highly considering the Austin this April. However, I estimate it'll cost $900-1,000. I'm in NY, so plane ticket is going to take about half of that total cost; then there's GP ticket, hotel, rental car, food, hookers, etc. I was super motivated till I actually calculated costs... now I have some doubts...

For those of you that's saying "it sucked", why? Feedback about the track would be appreciated. Also, I've never been to TX, & wondering if Austin is worth a visit - this is a big factor.

Yeah u might have to budget this year and cut the non-essentials out of that budget... Hmm, hookers ARE a high priority.... Lol

Austin is well-known in Texas among Texans as being... "different". Austin prides itself as being weird and full of personality.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
would love to go to this but i went to laguna last year. for the amount of money you pay and the 5 seconds you see of bikes every lap, id much rather watch the races on my big tv as my girl brings me beer and makes food as I'm on the comfort of my own couch.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

I live in Austin. I actually loved the motogp experience. seeing Rossi up close (didnt get an autograph) they cut the line like two ppl in front of me)

Austin, Tx is very laid back and people here love people from different places (as long as you dont decide to move here lol)

·
Knotty Boy
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
would love to go to this but i went to laguna last year. for the amount of money you pay and the 5 seconds you see of bikes every lap, id much rather watch the races on my big tv as my girl brings me beer and makes food as I'm on the comfort of my own couch.
well, thats what DVR is for lol, i wanna see myself on tv!! na, i wanna experience it none the less... and then i'll go back and watch my recording of it and yell for a beer and then remember i have noone atm to bringeth forth thy pint of beer.

I live in Austin. I actually loved the motogp experience. seeing Rossi up close (didnt get an autograph) they cut the line like two ppl in front of me)

Austin, Tx is very laid back and people here love people from different places (as long as you dont decide to move here lol)
well... hmmm... you got me wondering what i could use for signatures if i have the chance...

I applied! Who knows?! I have no experience but it would be so cool to be there. I just hope (if I was chosen) I don't work trash pick up after the race!
ive heard from a few ppl now in other forums that even with no experience you could be asked to be volunteer crash crew or something like that... and apparently it sometimes gets you free shit and tickets. tell me how that goes! i was gonna vol too but ill be with friends so thats 70 percent of the experience right there

1 - 20 of 37 Posts