Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles typically does a bike hold before it goes to shit...i notice that most bikes never go above 30kl. My friend said that they usually go if you are good to em maybe 50k.

Let me know

thanks.

boytono...newbie :stupic

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think as long as you take care of them, you dont have too much to worry about. Do proper maintenence and such. If you have a pre-03 R6 you will need to keep an eye on your tranny. I saw an article in Superbike Magazine where a dude had his 98 R1 over 100,000 miles. Yamaha engineers their stuff better for the long run than Kawasaki or Suzuki. Almost as good as Honda. I know of several Yamaha's my buddies have or had that went over 50k miles, but they sold em to upgrade, not because of breaking down. Just my two cents....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

thanks i was wondering...cause i didn't wanna drop 9k on a bike to have only 50k miles before it dies. But 100k is a ton so that is worth it. Thanks
:drink

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
also read that thread i posted earlier today in the general discusion section about jap bike engines. youll find some pretty cool info about your engine :mrgreen:

·
Registered
222 Posts
if that guy got 100k out of a 98 he was probably pullin' alot of highway and open-road miles, too, which aren't as hard on the bike.

Stop n go will put a much bigger hurtin' on your engine/tranny over time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts