Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I left my bike out in the cold for a couple days and when i went back to try to turn it on, it backfired, then it wouldn't start. you can hear the battery trying to kick in, but then after awhile, the bike gives up on starting and nothing happens. i'm guessing it's the battery, but i'm not sure. so i want to double check before running out and buying a new battery. thanks!
Edit: it's an 02 yzf with 10k miles on it

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I left my bike out in the cold for a couple days and when i went back to try to turn it on, it backfired, then it wouldn't start. you can hear the battery trying to kick in, but then after awhile, the bike gives up on starting and nothing happens. i'm guessing it's the battery, but i'm not sure. so i want to double check before running out and buying a new battery. thanks!
What year, also before buying a new battery there are a few things you can try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and i think it backfired because i didn't put the right fuel in it. long story short, i ran out of gas and closest gas station was those truck ones and i filled it up with 92 premium gas.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i can tell you the 92 octane isn't the problem, i can't find anyother gas in my town and that is what irun as well as everyone that i ride with, try charging the battery or if it isn't normally cold where you from since it is carborated the jets act differently in different temperatures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts