Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vroom Vroom
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured we should start a thread about our daily interactions with assholes on the roads and other stuff that happens.

Driving today back home trying to get on a freeway. Traffic is packed so I'm splitting lanes minding my own business. See a red Jeep Cherokee up ahead driving erratically, switching lanes every 5 seconds to get in front of another car. Come up behind said car, they turn on their signals to get in the right lane. Right lane slows down and the car starts merging into me. I lay on my horn, car keeps merging. I had my horn for like 5 seconds and the car didn't even budge and merged straight into me. I had to slow down to not get run over. Red light comes up, and I go straight to the front.

Get on the freeway, and everything is cool. Driving in the fast lane, when out of nowhere some red Jeep Cherokee starts merging into my lane again. I honk and the driver isn't bothered. Traffic is slowing up again, so I split lanes again. Look right as I passed the driver trying to give them the stink eye, but she is just looking straight ahead. I felt like flipping her off, but that is pretty dangerous when splitting lanes, and this chick already tried to run me off the road twice.

Times like those I wish I had some rocks on my triple tree to throw at cars.

·
Living The Dream
3,797 Posts
this would be a long list of stories for me...the sh!t some people do on the road never ceases to amaze me

·
Registered
925 Posts
Having lived and rode in both South Florida and Atlanta (and "a few" other places too, lol)..... I can honestly say I don't even know where I'd start. When i lived in FL just one way of my daily commute I'd usually get cut off at least 3-4 times..... I got to where I'd expect it and actually would try and guess when somebody was about to cut me off. And I was usually right :dunce:

·
Masshole
158 Posts
So many stories. Most people don't even see bikes anymore. They are too self absorbed and drive like there is no one else on the road, because to them there isn't. Oh and did I mention whenever you catch them doing something wrong they always throw their hands up like saying "what the hell" or flip you off like you did something stupid.

That's why we should always ride like everyone is out to kill us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.