Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im pissed, i am a contractor here in Ft. Hood Tx. and now the damn people want to have everyone complete the advanced course to get the Decals. I just bought 7 carbon fiber peices for the bike and i put my decals on the side air covers.

so reason they are doing this is b/c 2 soldiers wrecked back to back im guessing it was there fault, why would they do such stupid crap, messes up everything for everybody else cuz they cant ride.

now here is my question, the military gives it out for free BUT you have to use your own bike, what is the difference between the adv course and the basic? i dont want to take the change of wrecking my own bike, hell i would pay the 200 bucks to use the civilian bikes if i need to. thanks guys,

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
guys, look at your MSF ID card thingie, u see how its checked if u did the adv. course or the basic? what if i just check the adv. course too lol??

·
Registered
221 Posts
i still havnt taken the basic msf course to be able to ride on base...i hear it every drill,haha....wearing a reflectice vest takes away any cool factor that comes from riding a bike..along with a reflective belt around the backpack

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
I guy I work with just did it. he said it was a joke:fact Its a little bit of classroom stuff and some riding. Its over and done with in one day. Ill see him tomorrow and ask him what all it entailed.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
the advanced course is pretty easy, as long as your somewhat comfortable on your bike. I took it about a month after having my bike, and i did fine. Its more about leaning, swerving, stuff like that. Our base makes all the sportbikes take it, but no one else has to, stupid if you ask me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I took both courses back in May because I was considering becoming an instructor here in Texas. When you finish the course and get your MSF card it will be marked as to which course you took. The beginner course will take 2 days and the advanced course will take less than a day. If you're comfortable on your bike you will not have a problem at all with the advanced course.

·
Jet noise in the morning
578 Posts
i heard its the basic but on your bike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.