Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just in case anyone's wondering about it i'll report on it, well, i'm taking that msf course just had the first day wednesday, the instructor showed up on a pretty sweet looking gixxer 1000, not as beautiful as the 1 but nice, the first day was basically getting to know you stuff, a few corny "joy of motorcycling videos" and then they ran through safety gear, and then taught where and what everything is on the bike that is needed to ride it, then they ran through acceleration, braking and shifting, then he explained countersteering and most of the class just told him that he was wrong or that it couldn't possibly work, i was laughing at that part, i guess he gets that stuff alot so he was patient and told them to just trust him, that's how it works, then we left and i'll post again this after the first riding session, k

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Your instructor was only riding a 1000? Mine showed up and did some of the course on a 1300. :roll: He was nuts anyways; retired racer with 7 kids... :screwy

You'll have fun doing the riding if you know how to ride. I put that little 250 through hell. I could stall it just with my feet on the ground. While doing the 135 degree corner I got a peg down, it will be so much better on the 6 when I get to that point.

Only complaint I had was the pussies that were always infront of me... Going slow, being in my way... They just didn't know what they were missing by going really slow through the corners.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Im taking the class this week and next week for the second time... first time i didnt get my license cause i was under 18 and in Philly you have to wait 6 months before ur permit can be allowed to take a license test... long story I passed but didnt get it...

now im taking it again and I already remember evrything so its a lot funner... I cant wait to finish it though

·
Registered
311 Posts
Im taking the class this week and next week for the second time... first time i didnt get my license cause i was under 18 and in Philly you have to wait 6 months before ur permit can be allowed to take a license test... long story I passed but didnt get it...

now im taking it again and I already remember evrything so its a lot funner... I cant wait to finish it though

·
Registered
786 Posts
Lota chicks showed up to my MSF class .. it was great.. rode faster than some of the boys.... but ya, it irked me when they would be going 5 mph through the slalom as though they were waiting for the bike to fall over .. and here I am, behind them just waiting to roll on the power and flick the bike left and right. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i took the class down here in sanford, fl. they provided us with 250cc hondas from like 91 or somthing, i thought it was easier to pass the class with these bikes. and i came 11 min late one day and he made me go home! that bastard ! :cuss
i had to pay a 75$ rescheduling fee!
i guess dont b late and you'll b fine.
:cheers

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
My certificate came in, but I put it somewhere so I wouldn't forget to take in it... Do you think I could find it? :wtf ... I think I'm lossing :screwy it. :stupic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts