Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey quick question can you wear shoes to the MSF Course that go over the ankle or have ankle protectors ? I don't feel like spending the $ for boots and hardly wearing them later...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hiking boots, Lug Boots, anything that will wrap your ankle your fine...the MSF insurctors aren't to pickey.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
as long as they are not sneaker hi tops
the instructor i had, said that was legal. what he didnt want to see was those leather sole type boots. he says it dosent give enough traction. its like trying to hold up a 400lb. bike in your garage with bare feet, mostly likely you will slip on the smooth surface.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
when I took the MSF here in NorCal, the instuctor metnioned not to wear any kind of sneaker, even hi tops. I ended up using hiking boots.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
each one is different. IF you are going for the 3 day course your 1st day should be all classroom, so you won't have to worry about it then; but you can ask them what THEY want...

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i guess the instructor i had was laid back. he let the following go:
sneaker hi tops
regular long sleeve shirt - instead of the thick jacket
mechanix gloves - instead of a heavy type leather glove

we had one chic wearing those tight low cut jeans, tight 3/4 long sleeve(sleeves only went half way to her forearms) shirt, and some type of funky boots, looks like the type you see at the local night club. i guess the instructor didnt mind because the jeans were cut so low and the bottom of her shirt was kinda high obviously something is gonna show. needless to say thong shot was available every time she was on the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts