Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rovertech17
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know or have done a little system on a R6. I saw a GSXR1000 with two tweeters and an IPod. Anyone know how to wire it up?

·
Registered
428 Posts
No idea.. I just use earphones.. I think you might look a bit of an ass with music bumping on a bike.. just my 2 cents..

·
Rovertech17
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHAHA...... True, sometimes I use earphones. I thought it looked pretty cool with two little tweeters. It wasn't that loud, I mean not like a car system and no heavy bass and stuff but just enough to hear it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I honestly don't know who the hell would want to do this... I use my headphones and iPod everyday, having speakers would just look re-fu*king-diculous in my oppinion.

·
Registered
250 Posts
^^^ Yeah it does. It also sounds like one of those things that if you have to ask how to do it, you don't need to be doing it. But it really sounds like a bad idea. I would also imagine you'd need marine speakers since car speakers don't exactly spend a lot of time wet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i wouldnt do it. just how much do you expect to hear with a full face helmet. trade that thing for a goldwing and youll be all set.

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
:screwy:hehe:hug:****:gay:sheep

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think the speakers would have to be pretty loud to hear them over the wind noise. I think it would only be worth it if you did not wear a helmet.

I seen a few in myrtle beach that had a speaker system hooked up and it turned heads, if it is what you want, you should go for it.

It should be simple to hook up. Just take an IPOD deck with built in speakers and disassemble them. You would have to fabricate the place to mount the speakers. The spot under the handgrips seems to be an ideal spot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you could easily fiberglass some 4" speakers into the head light covers below the grips. Run them off a motorcycle amp with and rca to 3.5mm cable and run it all off you ipod. would not be to hard at all

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
google harley davidson...

Then google speakers on my yamaha r6 and it will direct you to a page where i punch you through your screen

Just use an ipod and earphones...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts