Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
My R6 gets me.
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys so im doing my first track day this year so iv been working on this build for a total of about 4 months or so off and on. well ill start from the beginning with what i started out with and go from there. as i do more things ill ad to the thread. enjoy

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Is that the MJS can?

How'd you go about painting the tank?

The pics of it sleeping are the garage are just precious. :) Seriously though, someone knock it over or something?

·
My R6 gets me.
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah it's 3M "3d" carbon vynal. The stuff is pretty easy to work with just a heat gun and work little by little. As for the exhaust it's a danmoto I read a lot of reviews about it. It's just like the LOR but a fraction of the price. It sounds really good and I have the PCiii mapped to the LOR and seems to be running great so far. I need to get it back to street so I can really ride with it right now it's just up and down my street. And for the bike laying over its laying on my snap-on roll seat. It's laying over so I can do the belly graphics she never hit the ground and the tank had about 1/4 gal left in so I figured right now would be the best time to do it. Thanks for the positive feed back so far yah it turned out better then I thought. A lot of thanks goes to my little brother who was out there with me all the time sanding and painting and the other night till 2am laying down graphics

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
Nice job. I'll be doing my '04 soon.
What brand body?
What else is planned?

·
My R6 gets me.
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job. I'll be doing my '04 soon.
What brand body?
What else is planned?
The glass is armor bodies, the draft pan is sharkskins, windscreen is zero gravitiy, front fender is eBay. As for painted I painted the outer area of the windscreen, all the bodywork, the tank, I also did the frame covers but I didn't care for them so I went back to black. It was a fun build.

·
My R6 gets me.
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: the bike is done!!... for now im sure there will be a lot more that i want to do but as of now this is how shes gonna hit the track for the first time this year i cant wait... oh and question what do you think about running BTO16 on my TD or any other recommendations?

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
Lookin' good! :cheers
Where are you planning on running this year?

I would think if you already have BT016's, and they're in good shape, you're good to go.
If I were getting DOT tires for the track, it might be 003's.

Enjoy!

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Power Pures, Q2s or whatever the Pirelli or Bridgestone equivalents are will work great for your first track day. No need to spend the money on DOT rubber for your first time out.

·
My R6 gets me.
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Power Pures, Q2s or whatever the Pirelli or Bridgestone equivalents are will work great for your first track day. No need to spend the money on DOT rubber for your first time out.
Yah I think imma stick with the bto16. Iv heard dunlops feel almost oily when they heat up. Someone told me they become very slick.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Yah I think imma stick with the bto16. Iv heard dunlops feel almost oily when they heat up. Someone told me they become very slick.
I've never experienced that. I mean, you'll get that if you OVERheat the tire, which I've done on Pilot Powers and will happen with any tire if you're running the wrong pressure.

Chief complains that the Q2s don't give him enough feedback, but just about everyone else on the planet is perfectly happy with them.

The Bridgestones will work just fine too, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts