Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R6in and loving it!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is what i plan on doing to my 08, any thoughts, this is pretty much the basic in appearance except i haven't changed out the pipe yet. this is all photoshopped work so i realize it isn't perfect but you get the gist! likes dislikes. about to send wheels to the powder coater so i need to decide now.

EDIT : I added a sear cowl but im not happy with the job i did, but im at work so thats all the time i have. additionally i will show whats been changed

- silver wheels
- black shortys with red adjuster
- tinted windscreen
- red brake lines
- removed "r6" stickers
- added seat cowl
- removed rear fender
- removed mirrors
- removed foor pegs
- removed front turn sig.

Attachments

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
I dont know about mixing the colors like that, the red, gold forks,silver bike too much going on imho... when i get my silver im just keeping it silver and black. Black windscreen, wheels, levers, rearsets, passenger pegs, and a carbon pipe probably the leo. Im debating to keep the mirrors or not, your photoshop is telling me not to remove them but i hope when i take them off it will look better,

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
roki530i said:
its similar but is far from identical.... many appearance changes too just got to look closely.
i have seen an 08 in person and it was parked next to my bike and it looked exactly the same. i bet if you didint know which one you were on, you couldnt tell the difference. not worth "upgrading" to an 08 from the 07 yet...maybe 09.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
A-Rab said:
i have seen an 08 in person and it was parked next to my bike and it looked exactly the same. i bet if you didint know which one you were on, you couldnt tell the difference. not worth "upgrading" to an 08 from the 07 yet...maybe 09.

I dont know, I could spot the differences on the body easily between an 08 and 06-07 maybe others cant, maybe i spent too much time drooling over the bike! who knows?

But the not worth upgrading thing is a silly statement. the bike is basically brand new dude, even though it looks similar. This bike is suppose to be more powerful and have better power down low due to all the changes they have made. An r6 with more mid range power? sign me up, its totally worth the upgrade if you can afford it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A-Rab said:

Nobody listen to this guy.... This is what people say to make them stay happy with with there 06-07..... They just knock anything better Oh and as for 09 models they will be the same. Yamaha's efforts are going towards the new R1 right now

·
NOT DoD Blocked
5,605 Posts
I think it will turn out nicely. Post up pics when you are done.

·
NOT DoD Blocked
5,605 Posts
chris514scott said:
Nobody listen to this guy.... This is what people say to make them stay happy with with there 06-07..... They just knock anything better Oh and as for 09 models they will be the same. Yamaha's efforts are going towards the new R1 right now
The 08's look similar but performance wise they are two totally different monsters.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
chris514scott said:

not true my friend. considering my uncle just picked up an 08 this past weekend. we rode together and i rode his new 08, and i could barely notice a difference. barely. not nearly a big enough difference to justify "upgrading" from 07. now for my uncle coming from a 05 R6, the difference was astronimical.

have you even read the reviews of the new 08? just like the 07, the 08 according to them is "too extreme", and yamaha went over board for the average street rider. lol

i disagree

·
R6in and loving it!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't know how to respond except to say it is my personal opinion and the people that road both bikes that the 08 is much much faster! if you haven't ridden it in the corners accelerating from down low, doing long pulls or just riding in general then you might now have appreciated it. it is quite amazing actually. also the handling is better, noticing a lot less head shake, a lot better tracking, and i am finding it easier to turn.. the only problem you have is that the extrra power make the front wheel come up sooooo easy... oh well i guess ill have to deal with that issue!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts