Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The track is crack.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought myself a cruiser last year, a 2011 Yamaha Stryker. Decided that I could really only ride one bike at a time, so I decided it was finally time to track out my R6. I've been wanting to do this for a long time.

Removed stock headlights, tail light, mirrors, fairings, rearsets, passenger pegs, and all fairings. Sold most of it on this forum (thanks guys!). Used that money to help buy Graves smog block off plates, Vortex Rearsets and GB Racing case covers from Riders Discount (best prices I could find) and Optimal Race Fairings that I painted with spray paint, and vinyl graphics from Speedpro in Totowa, NJ. I also traded the gold rims for black with a red pinstripe. My neighbors were all asking me when I got a new bike. :sing

Got to try it all out at NYST labor day weekend with great results. I'll throw up a review on that track and link to it here at some point. I'll review the Optimal fairings in another post and update with the link too.

Before (previously known as Dr. Hannibal Lecter)

After, now the Eternal Rasengan bike!

(stryker in the background on that one)

Other mods include: K&N air filter with snorkel removed, shorty adjustable levers, Spiegler stainless steel front brake lines, GYTR aftermarket exhaust, R&G weighted bar ends, PUIG double bubble windscreen, stomp grips on the tank, Dunlop Q3 Tires (first time not using Pirelli).

Was able to get both knees down, although the right side only once. Practice makes perfect though.

I know I won't get many who like the graphics, but meh. I decided I'm not going to put any company logos on it until I get sponsored :D:screwy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts