Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it as Chrismas Present haha
Bought it for $8399 OTD And 3 years OF Y.E.S.
haha the guy who sold it to me was a really good friend of mine,
he told me to not go by the book during the break- in. Just run it alittle hard but dont redline it he said. This is my First Bike, But have experience, i also have taken the MSF course .

Here She Is

Other Rides

2005 Benz C240 4 Matic

2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8

Thats it i got more pics if you want :)

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW,

How do i get R6-Forum stickers?

·
Registered
586 Posts
2oo5_Yamaha_R6 said:
BTW,

check on the home page, instructions there, you have to email DJ, I've heard though he hasn't been on so you need to PM up TexasR6 or Loki1313. They can help you out. :cheers and BTW congrats and welcome.

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
damn thats cheap for OTD,did he make any money off it?thats the same price as msrp......where do you live?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Probably made a few bucks off the sale (his buddy)
Damn don't it feel good to get a bike for a good deal? ENJOY HER MAN!

If i ever get another bike, I'm gonna have to give my bud Bruce a call... see if he can still get bikes at cost price from Yamaha's factory racing division

My baby has a racing VIN :boob :boob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
r6boater said:
2oo5_Yamaha_R6 said:
BTW,

check on the home page, instructions there, you have to email DJ, I've heard though he hasn't been on so you need to PM up TexasR6 or Loki1313. They can help you out. :cheers and BTW congrats and welcome.
Thanks i'll check with them somthime soon

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
munoxide said:
damn thats cheap for OTD,did he make any money off it?thats the same price as msrp......where do you live?
I live in Anchorage Alaska.

We have no tax up here on anything.

MY buddy dint lower the price or anything.

They cant raise the price and cant lower it :)

The 05 R1's are going for $10,900 OTD too

Yea, there all at the MSRP price

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drooder said:
My baby has a racing VIN :boob :boob

haha im not even shure what my VIN# is its eather 20520 or 0520

·
Registered
786 Posts
vehicle identification number.... the dealership told me if i have it serviced elsewhere, the other dealership might raise their eyebrows when they see my bike is 'registered' under the Yamaha racing program.. so they just gave me 'heads-up'. I had my local yammie dealership do the 1st servicing with no hassles.
All in all, I'm happy I'm still with Yamaha, love my bike, and can't wait for the spring. Gonna have to take it easy though because I had just finished my break-in before putting her away... I rode an 01 and 02 before, and both of them felt quite a bit different than the 04...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the boards :cheers .

·
Registered
277 Posts
nice bike, good deal. I got mine for $8100 otd. as for the break in. Change the oil early. The break it in hard method I have heard nothing negative on, but from doing it on the last bike and changing the oil early/often there was plenty of little bits of metal on the drain plug. I did the first change @ 50 miles, then again at around 200.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chakup said:
nice bike, good deal. I got mine for $8100 otd. as for the break in. Change the oil early. The break it in hard method I have heard nothing negative on, but from doing it on the last bike and changing the oil early/often there was plenty of little bits of metal on the drain plug. I did the first change @ 50 miles, then again at around 200.

I was planning on an oil change @30 miles then 100 then 600 then 1000

then 1600...ect...

Good idea??

Someone told me that 30 mile seems to soon because there might be little pices of mettal comming from the engine/tranny still.

What do you guys think?

BTW where do you live and how did you get it so cheap??

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
here in so cal theyre going for 9500-10000 otd...................but cheapest ive seen is 9500

·
Registered
277 Posts
Live in Oregon and went to the same dealer I boght my last bike from.

I don't see much difference between 30-50. Do a search for mototune and read their break in theory.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chakup said:
Live in Oregon and went to the same dealer I boght my last bike from.

I don't see much difference between 30-50. Do a search for mototune and read their break in theory.
yea been there read everything haha

I plan on breaking my bike in on the Dyno :)

But...the boys ar R1-forum thinks its a HOAX and said not to...but i dono ill see how everything works out.

and BTW is it possible to Launch the bike in 2nd gear if u were drag
racing?? Juss curious and how do you launch?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts