Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my bike in mid Feb and have been working on it since I got it. Just got my rims back powder coated white, what do you guys think? Also listed some of my other upgrades below, any recommendations?

-MJS Midpipe
-Yoshi slip-on
-PCV
-Puig Windscreen
-Aftermarket shorty levers
-Motodynamics integrated tail
-Flush mount front signals
-905 race rails
-Vortex quick acceleration kit (being installed this weekend)
-Scotts stabilizer

Attachments

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely diggin' the white wheels. :fact
Thanks! Was going to do them gold, would have been a big mistake lol, a lot of people do them gold but I love the white. Not even that bad cleaning them, just wipe em down once I get home.

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
White wheels are definitely :pimp

Maybe a touch of red rim stripe (thin ones)?

Not a fan of race rails....:nono
Ya I was thinkin about some rim tape but haven't decided if I want to throw it on yet or not, should def try it if I don't like it I could just peel it off. Wasn't too thrilled on the race rails either once I put them on but I need to protect my bike and didn't want to go with a full cage, I don't ride track so it doesn't bother me much, they are beefy lol....

·
Hello
527 Posts
Wheels look good! I prob would have done a chain/gear set when the wheels were off...and dressed that up a bit too. Maybe lose the stock mirrors for a CRG bar end? Losing the mirrors seams to give a sleek look as they are kinda high, IMO. Still, good looking bike.

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheels look good! I prob would have done a chain/gear set when the wheels were off...and dressed that up a bit too. Maybe lose the stock mirrors for a CRG bar end? Losing the mirrors seams to give a sleek look as they are kinda high, IMO. Still, good looking bike.
White isn't bad right? Doing the sprockets/chain this weekend my buddy was in a rush so I couldn't get him to do it while he was putting the rims on lol... Just researched the bar end mirrors seem to be a little weird looking lol I know my stock mirrors are high, maybe I should just get rid of them.

·
Hello
527 Posts
Bar ends come in all shapes and sizes and I agree some look worse than others. CRG lane splitters are round and small enough to blend in while large enough to provide vision. They aren't for everyone. :) If you were to remove your stock mirrors...gotta replace them with something. lol

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
I don't like the race rails either, but to protect that great bodywork. I would have done the same thing.. Now, all you need are some choice rearsets to help out the race rails.

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't like the race rails either, but to protect that great bodywork. I would have done the same thing.. Now, all you need are some choice rearsets to help out the race rails.
Very tru thinking about some nice rear sets any ideas? I have my shifter setup GP shifting would aftermarket ones change that? Also saw a lot about back break not signaling w rear sets, is that tru?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just put vortex rear sets on my black and gold r6 and i love them. they're adjustable so you get to pick the position of the pegs that is most comfortable to you. they also feel more responsive in my opinion with the gear shift, less movement needed to shift gears or something i donno. all in all i love them. They're also blacked out so they look great on my black bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts