Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well he came to me on Sat night and I rode him all day
Sunday... yesterday we took a ride through the hills...

All I have to say is DAMN.. this is by far my favorite bike yet... The steel braided lines make all the difference in the world!!!

So glad i chose the R6.... as soon as I get pictures I will post them...

:worship

·
Registered
182 Posts
Kinda new to this forum and don't know many of you....Congratulations!! So were you planning on getting an R6 for a while? Did you get an 04? I'd ask if you like it but I think you answered that! :hammer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually,
I sold my SV about a month and a half ago and I have not had any other bike other then then a Suzuki....
all I have to say is I love the Yamaha..
so I have always been a Suzuki Honda chick.. but you know the rest...

L.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks.. hahah.. i knew that was going to start some ish! but I tell it how it is...

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Its getting a bit steamy in here....

Congrat's on the bike. Keep it rubber side down.

How much do the braided lines help out? Do you have them on both the rear and front?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Glad to see the new faces in here aren't shy....
Enjoy the bikes and stay safe out there.

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
From Suzuki to Yamaha

My friend had a 03 GSXR-600, and would talk smack about my R6. But after I let him ride my bike because he was complaining that his back was hurting from a long road trip, two months later he is a proud owner of a 04 R6. I never heard him talk smack about Yammie's again.

You go hasher99!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congratulations, I sure would like to get taken for a ride, :hump but I only get to see my girl every three months or so. :cuss

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Congrats McKittn! Glad to see you are enjoying the new baby.
Can't wait to see pics. I just got my engine back in today so hopefully I'll be riding again tomorrow. YAY! :hammer

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
CONGRATS...and let me just say, that is ONE HELL OF A LUCKY BIKE! :naughty

Honestly tho...out of all the bikes I have riden, even if just for a few moments, I love the R6 feel, the balence, the size....it all just fits perfect.

Drhodes, I just added all steel-braided to mine, and it is a definate difference. Of course, I changed all the pads, the lines, and used Motul fluids, all in one shot, so I can't tell you what just the lines do for it...but with all of them combined, my brakes are great! Hell, I can stop anyway! haha

McKittn, congrats girl! Have fun with the 6, get us all some pics, and ride to arive alive! ;)

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Re: From Suzuki to Yamaha

lvbluer6 said:
My friend had a 03 GSXR-600, and would talk smack about my R6. But after I let him ride my bike because he was complaining that his back was hurting from a long road trip, two months later he is a proud owner of a 04 R6. I never heard him talk smack about Yammie's again.

You go hasher99!!

ahhh the power of the yammie :mrgreen:

congrats kittn on the new bike, glad to hear you love it as much as i love my six.

hey drodes, i only put on the front stainless lines and it still made a difference, it just really makes you have more control of your brakes. the rubber hoses really make the brakes fade and disipate compared to the stainless lines, i would recommend everyone doing this mod :cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AFFIRM to that.. the steel braided lines was the best mod yet I have done on my bike.. I didn't change any of the pads or the fluids or anything and they work sweet... it is all braking.. no fade.. My SV had stock ish and it just didn't give me the confidence like the steel braided lines do..

i would tell anyone and everyone to get steel braided lines before anything!

Ill get pictures this weekend from Laguna Seca...

:cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts