Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
no offense but isnt this the ughh r6 forum?

·
BACK
384 Posts
obviously uve been an r6 owner since your on here, but i am now, the thing is i always wanted a zx6r(GREEEEEN) so hard to find used...but have u ridden both these bikes and how would you compare them? i have 2 friends that ride ninjas, a 6r and 10r...i havent ridden them either but they love em, but they have never ridden my beautiful r6 or any r6 for that matter,what u guys think?

·
Jennings rocks!
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DO YOU KNOW WHO ThunderThor is? Do a little research before looking like an asshat:fact
Haha..its cool. I haven't been around in a long time. Been getting settled in good ole Louissiana.

Uhh yah I used to own a R6 (2006). Had it for a while and put around 22k miles on it before it was stolen. Actually the bastard has a court date this next week. The whole situation is a mess.

As for the difference between both bikes is a long story. Honestly I really miss my R6, but the ZX6r is an awesome ride. Im too tired to go into all the differences, but all I got to say is they are both excellent motorcycles.

Maybe later Ill do a better write-up than that haha.

Paytheon, Ill give you my number but as of now its not any good. I keep my phone in the shop and thursday it was nearly busted in half. I dont know who did it, but Im pretty pissed about it.

·
BACK
384 Posts
very dissapointing i want to hear 6r or r6?!!?! and i only mean street not track riding i love my r6 for st but if u have a defferent point of view on st than when ur ready let us know based on both bikes man...thanks in advance

·
Jennings rocks!
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very dissapointing i want to hear 6r or r6?!!?! and i only mean street not track riding i love my r6 for st but if u have a defferent point of view on st than when ur ready let us know based on both bikes man...thanks in advance
Okay, okay haha. You win.

Where to start. Okay all of what I write pertains to STOCK setups. Untouched. And of course, my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Kawasaki ZX6r (2007)
-Pulls a lot faster in the lower/mid powerband ranges. Very strong motor.
-Somewhat hot seat due to undertail exhaust.
-Gear indicator is nifty, but hard to read unless your tucked. Not good to rely on it anyways.
-Ergonomics are not as rigid
-Absolutely NO storage. Yah go ahead and laugh, but I used to throw tools, bag of zip ties, ect in the compartment of my R6.
-Changes gears like a dream. So smooth. Not nearly as clunky as the R6.
-Not as good looking as the R6.
-Ugly rear light/tag/turn signal cluster. Very track oriented in that aspect.

Yamaha R6 (2006)
-Weak down low, but pulls like a beast up top.
-Nice slipper clutch. Kawi has a great slipper clutch as well.
-(Again, in my opinion) Maintainance is easier and parts of the bike are more accessable.
-Enjoyed the feature that I could reverse the shift pattern with the stock parts.
-Best looking motorcyle out there.
-Catered to my 'roadside toolkit' needs. Came in handy too many times to count for me and others.
-Made other riders jealous that I owned one. Seriously at bike nights people would just stare.

Pretty much all I can sum up for now. The reason I really liked the R6 is because it was my first ride. I have a lot of good memories associated with it. I planned on getting another R6, but my brother talked me into trying out another sportbike. Im glad I did.

But everytime I see a R6 go by I wish I still had it.

If you were deciding whether to go R6 or 6r thats your call. Either way your not going wrong. They are both really fun and thats what matters to me.

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
DO YOU KNOW WHO ThunderThor is? Do a little research before looking like an asshat:fact
my bad bro u dont gotta get all offfensive

·
kiwi rider
315 Posts
I am in New Zealand and canont ride at the moment very cold and wet with storms.
I want just one fimne day to go out for a ride and hit the twisties

·
Registered
160 Posts
Garage doughnut's still riding.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts